PDA

View Full Version : Songs/Artists you discovered through tv shows

Jimi75
January 20th, 2011, 08:09 AM
TV shows, not movies.

It's rather seldom that this happens to me, but recently I was watching a nice episode of "Scrubs" and heard that song which turns out to be by an artist called Jeremy Kay. Never heard of him before, but I liked.

Here's the song:
http://www.myvideo.de/watch/6727709/Jeremy_Kay_Have_it_all

No official video available.

sunvalleylaw
January 20th, 2011, 11:27 AM
For us (my wife and I), TV, particularly our Thursday soap opera Gray's Anatomy, turned us onto a bunch of stuff that could be called twenty something indie, or whatever. Like The Fray, Brandi Carlile, Snow Patrol, Octoberman, Switchfoot (already knew about them), The Postal Service, . . . stuff like that. Most of that stuff is not what I buy, (except Brandi. I like Brandi). But it is fun to hear now and again.

The Austin City Limits show turns me on to stuff too, like The Decemberists, Wilco and some others. "Scrubs" is a good show for music too, but most I remember from there is not new to me. The acoustic stuff from Colin Haye on that show was great!

Ch0jin
January 20th, 2011, 03:02 PM
What a good question!

Nerf Herder immediately spring to mind from the theme to Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

vroomery
January 20th, 2011, 03:41 PM
I had never heard of The 88 until I looked up who wrote and recorded the theme song for Community. Good stuff.

pedalbuilder
January 20th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Back in the day, Beavis and Butthead actually had a lot of good music videos played, and most of it was stuff that wouldn't have likely been played on regular MTV. From that show I discovered a lot of bands, like White Zombie, KMFDM and Los Fabulosos Cadillacs . . .

Ch0jin
January 21st, 2011, 02:01 AM
Back in the day, Beavis and Butthead actually had a lot of good music videos played, and most of it was stuff that wouldn't have likely been played on regular MTV. From that show I discovered a lot of bands, like White Zombie, KMFDM and Los Fabulosos Cadillacs . . .

I never really saw it but if it led you to Zombie and KMFDM then full points to them I was a big fan of both bands back in the day.