PDA

View Full Version : Emg Pa-2

deeaa
January 20th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Snatched one of these babies on a local 'cl' type forum where I shop regularly and browse thru daily - there's a hundred new guitar /music ads every day so it's really imperative to watch it keenly.

Anyway - I had a PA-2 on my LP for over a decade and later also on my Explorer, always liked 'em...but then when I switched to EMGs I didn't ever even think of using one, as I felt the EMG's were so powerful already anyway. Until now I saw one on sale for 15;- and got it.

Just installed it on my Yamaha RG which was suffering a bit compared to my other axes as it's got an EMG81 and it's a very light-body Floyd axe with ultralites to boot - and BOY I like it!

Can't wait to go check it with the Ceriatone, but at least to amplitube I can now flip the switch and go from rock drive to a really strong screaming lead. I have it at maybe 1/5th of the boost available and it's a LOT already.

It's much better than having an outboard preamp/booster, it's so dead quiet and pure power only, totally clean boost. It might serve me to eliminate a separate 'solo' channel on my pedalboard entirely.

My only worry is now I may start liking it too much and have to have one on all my guitars...sigh...

I have to make some kind of a demo clip with it soon.

deeaa
January 20th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Just an FYI if interested, I posted a demo of the preamp under 'gear demos'.