PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a Wah Pedal!

Leonidas
November 2nd, 2006, 11:01 AM
Hey fellow fretters.

I was asked what I would like for christmas in regards to guitar, and I think I would like to get a wah pedal. I have never had one, but have been eyeing them up for a few months now. From what I have read in reviews and things, I am leaning toward a Dunlop Crybaby Classic with Fasel inductor, but I am completely open to suggestions.

So... Tell me what you think is a good wah for in the 70 - 140 dollar range, and tell me why! Also, I play mostly classic rock and blues, as I'm sure thats a factor.

Thanks in advance......... :)

Tone2TheBone
November 2nd, 2006, 11:07 AM
Leonidas - thats the one I have and it's way cool. Has bypass (Dunlop's version of bypass) and it does not suck any tone from your guitar. The wah sweep is perfect.

Spudman
November 2nd, 2006, 11:17 AM
The Holy Grail of wahs is the Fulltone that Robert has. That's what Robin Trower uses and some other great players.

The Vox 847 was voted by a guitar magazine editing staff as the best sub $1000000 wah pedal. ;)

Can you believe how much these things cost anymore?

It's a good idea to try a few before you buy. You may have a vision of how a wah should behave and sound and that can only be found out by playing them to see which comes closest.