PDA

View Full Version : NPD - MXR Fullbore Metal

progrmr
January 20th, 2011, 08:20 PM
I've been doing my homework for a heavy distortion pedal to put in front of my blues Jr. Liked what I heard on YouTube for the MXR Fullbore Metal stomp box and wouldn't ya know what popped up on CL today :)

This pedal is all a out mad distortion - Pantera, Metallica, Anthrax style distortion. It's an all analog pedal with noise gate, scoop function, frequency adjustment, low mid and high adjustments and of course a gain and volume.

So I hooked it up to my Jackson and the blues Jr. Man this pedal is fantastic sounding and very versatile. Sounds great through the Jr to.

Highly recommended if you need a serious distortion/overdrive tone. Check YouTube for some videos and be prepared to rock!! :)

marnold
January 20th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Sweet! That's one I've looked at for teh br00talz or more metal than my amph can provide. Some of the clips of it kind of sound raspy. Is it that way in real life?

progrmr
January 21st, 2011, 04:20 AM
Definitely sounds better in person. It can sound crappy if you don't take the time to dial in the tone. It sounds great once dialed in and with the frequency adjustment you can pick where the distortion comes in.

The blues Jr can't handle some of the lows the pedal puts out - I'm going to have to get a 2X12 or 4X12 cab with some extra headroom to get the most out of this pedal.