PDA

View Full Version : Keychain Spycam testing with shocking results.

Ch0jin
January 21st, 2011, 02:24 AM
So I've been digging all these youtube videos where people strap cheap camera's to assorted radio controlled vehicles (cars, planes, helo's, rockets etc) so I thought I'd do the same. (I have an RC car and am thinking of getting a chopper)

So I bought an "808 Keychain Camera" for $9.80 delivered. It records video and audio and is indeed the size of a keychain alarm thing. Amazing really.

I had to go up the shops anyway, so as a test I taped it to the front spoiler of my car and off I went, expecting nothing more than to get an idea of the audio/video quality. (audio is pretty terrible, my LS1 sounds better than that IRL haha)

Well, as you'll see from the video, I got quite a lot more than I expected as a taxi comes round the corner and straight knocks this guy to the ground in the middle of the street while I was stopped at the lights! Luckily the guy was a little shaken but otherwise ok. There were people everywhere who ran to help, but he got up, abused the cabbie and walked off before I could even offer to provide video evidence.

Not that my video evidence would have been all that helpful I guess as he was technically jaywalking at the time.....

Anyway, if anyone else is interested in the whole keychain cam craze that's hot on youtube, this is an example of what you get for ten bux!

hy10vdBA7a8

deeaa
January 21st, 2011, 04:14 AM
Where did you get it? I'd sure be interested in getting one or two...

Algonquin
January 21st, 2011, 05:43 AM
Incredible quality for a tiny camera!

As for the cabby... he turned straight into that person, charges would likely be pending.

Ch0jin
January 21st, 2011, 05:48 AM
Ebay. I did a search for 808 keychain camera and there are dozens of ppl selling them out of china. You'll need a TF memory card (the really small ones) I had one already, but you can get a 4GB one for like $10 anyway.

This is the exact one I got here (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120620626300&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_5334wt_1139)

They are so light you can attach them to anything with a bit of gaff and off you go. I've also ordered a "Jelly Lens" for $2 delivered too. It's a wide angle/fish eye adaptor for mobile phone camera's, but you can adapt them for use with the 808 cam too. I'm going to try some "down the fret board" style shots tomorrow using the 808 and some bluetac.

Such a cool toy for half the price of a 6 pack.

ZMAN
January 21st, 2011, 06:15 AM
No wonder he got hit. You guys are driving on the WRONG SIDE of the road!
And at 60 in the city. KMH though.

Algonquin
January 21st, 2011, 06:31 AM
No wonder he got hit. You guys are driving on the WRONG SIDE of the road!
Exactly!!!... crazy drivers :messedup:

Spudman
January 21st, 2011, 10:04 AM
That's really cool. What a great idea.

deeaa
January 21st, 2011, 10:11 AM
I ordered one from Hong Kong just now, 8 euros or so with delivery.

FrankenFretter
January 21st, 2011, 01:47 PM
That's pretty cool. I've never heard of that type of memory card; is it similar to a micro SD?

poodlesrule
January 21st, 2011, 02:03 PM
Maybe some famous guitar player (like Robert!) could attach one to their instrument's headstock.

Close-up of intricate finger-picking would also be worth watching.

Spudman
January 21st, 2011, 02:11 PM
That's pretty cool. I've never heard of that type of memory card; is it similar to a micro SD?

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it takes, a micro sd. So add in another $7-$14 for a total $20-$25 Ball-O-Fun toy. I've got one on the way too. I have a ton of ideas for this.

Ch0jin
January 21st, 2011, 03:19 PM
Yeah Spud is right, I said TF or Trans Flash, but that name has been updated to MicroSD.

Its THESE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MicroSD) ones

Now for those of you who have ordered them, make SURE you read the instructions carefully, especially the part that says:

"Serious Statement: This product is used in the illicit use is strictly prohibited, the consequence of self"

:thwap :rollover :rollover