PDA

View Full Version : Life...it was so easy (New Song)

Jimi75
January 23rd, 2011, 08:50 AM
Hey folks,

another new one....
Please giv it an "ear" and let me know what you think.

It's about how easy life was when we were young and how things sometimes develop...

Not biographical though, but I had it in the back of my mind....

Recorded with my LP and Logic 9.
By the way, I used the amp simulation in Logic this time - not Line 6's gearbox. I think the sound is okay for crunchy guitar.

http://www.box.net/shared/vqgygrljm4

FrankAxtell
January 26th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Jimi,
I this is a really good rock tune...nice production. I see your really getting around using Logic. Nice fat guitar sound and nice vocal harmonies. Great job on the mix too. I'm surprised there hasn't been more comments on this tune...one of your best. I really liked the electric piano sound and the way you end with it, very cool.

cheers
Frank

Beerman
January 26th, 2011, 10:14 AM
I really, really enjoyed listening to this. I'm not familiar with any of your other work but I can say I downloaded this to listen to it again and again.
Thanks for sharing your talents.

Jimi75
January 26th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Thanks for your kind comments my friends. Yeah I really like logic. Working with a new sequenzer is an adventure.

:happy

Katastrophe
January 26th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Beautiful work, Jimi!

You have a real talent for melodic, compact, well arranged music. Everything fit really well together, and I dig it. Nice and soulful... just really great work!

P.S. One thing, if I might make a request, that I would really like to hear (and I think you would be outstanding at), would be to take this direction into an instrumental. The LP apparently brings out a certain feel into your playing, and I think you'd do an instrumental justice without it turning into a superspeedy wankfest.

Spudman
January 26th, 2011, 11:37 PM
You play keys too? Great little tune. Nice chorus, hook and refrain. "Life can be that good again." :thumbsup

sunvalleylaw
January 26th, 2011, 11:52 PM
I like it! Thanks for sharing it. Nice vibes!

Jimi75
January 27th, 2011, 02:03 AM
You play keys too? Great little tune. Nice chorus, hook and refrain. "Life can be that good again." :thumbsup

Played more keys over the past three months than guitar :-(

Life is good. Very good in fact.

But when it comes to writing lyrics I feel I am stronger at writing about the sad sides of life....son't ask me why :dance

Tig
January 27th, 2011, 09:50 AM
I really like it! I think it is my favorite song you shared with us.
Sweet solos, too.

Lachy
February 12th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Nice work Jimi, very catchy tune and great production!