PDA

View Full Version : Speedy recovery to tone2thebone

Spudman
November 3rd, 2006, 08:46 AM
Hey man.
I hope all is well and that you recover quickly from your surgery.
Get well soon and hurry back to thefret.

Tim
November 3rd, 2006, 09:46 AM
Tone – Good luck with the surgery. I am not sure what surgery you are having, but I hope you can play guitar during your recovery time. Keep us posted on your improvements and condition.

Robert
November 3rd, 2006, 10:21 AM
Suurgery? Hope all goes well. Your guitar misses you, Tone!

sunvalleylaw
November 3rd, 2006, 10:25 AM
Whatever is going on Tone, you have my support and thoughts. Hope all is well.

ted s
November 3rd, 2006, 05:00 PM
Hope all is well and nothing major is going on.

Cranium
November 3rd, 2006, 05:24 PM
Hopefuly it goes well, what is the surgery for?

warren0728
November 3rd, 2006, 06:45 PM
good luck on the mystery surgery.....hopefully your new nickname won't be tammy2thebone :eek:

Spudman
November 3rd, 2006, 07:32 PM
good luck on the mystery surgery.....hopefully your new nickname won't be tammy2thebone :eek:

LOL! Ha ha ha ha ha ha (inhale) ha ha ha ha ha! I dang near fell outta my chair when I read that. Good one.:D :D

Robert
November 3rd, 2006, 08:34 PM
Hehe, I doubt he would go that far... but who knows? *Laughing all I can*

Katastrophe
November 3rd, 2006, 10:16 PM
Speedy recovery, man!

I bet Tone's finally gotten that Marshall implant that he's always wanted.;)

Just kidding... Home you heal quickly and painlessly.

SuperSwede
November 4th, 2006, 01:47 AM
Tone, live long & prosper.
Does anyone know why he needs surgery? A bad rectifier?

tot_Ou_tard
November 4th, 2006, 06:30 AM
Get well soon T2TB.

Warren perhaps that should be

ToneWithNoBone?

Nelskie
November 4th, 2006, 06:33 AM
Surgery . . . ?! A few days out of town, and I'm already waaaayyy out of the loop. Whatever your ailment, T2TB (and I sure hope it's nothing serious), my wish is that your time in the hospital is short, and that your recovery speedy and w/o incident.

I've heard that music has "healing" qualities, so now might be a good time to delve back into your CD collection, and pick out a few you haven't heard for awhile. Re-connect, ya' know. ;)

warren0728
November 4th, 2006, 06:39 AM
ToneWithNoBone?

:D now that's funny!!

ww

Spudman
November 4th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Tone, live long & prosper.
Does anyone know why he needs surgery? A bad rectifier?

I think it's a torn speaker cone.

ted s
November 4th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Get well soon T2TB.

Warren perhaps that should be

ToneWithNoBone?

Careful, I've heard of special surgery in Sweden, it may very well be "Tonewith2Bones" staring in a new "educational" film.

warren0728
November 4th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Careful, I've heard of special surgery in Sweden, it may very well be "Tonewith2Bones" staring in a new "educational" film.
yeah i've heard of that procedure too...i believe it is called an "addadiktome" :eek: :D

duhvoodooman
November 4th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Probably just a minor case of "amp sag". They're sewing in a popsicle stick...

Seriously, heal up quick & get back here T2B!! We miss ya!

Tim
November 4th, 2006, 10:18 AM
All this mystery surgery talk makes me think of one I read about 10 years ago. After the procedure is complete, Tone’s new name would be TONE2ABREAST”. If he has they other one mentioned … well I won’t go there. Ok, I will go there: TONE2ABREASTWITHNOBONE. Now that my friends it a forum name!

tot_Ou_tard
November 4th, 2006, 10:48 AM

yeah i've heard of that procedure too...i believe it is called an "addadiktome" :eek: :D
Coffee spit take!!!

...I'm gonna have to put my keyboard in the dishwasher!

Get well Tone regardless of how you roll them bones.

ted s
November 4th, 2006, 10:53 AM
I really hope Tone is just sitting back at home reading this and laughing his
a$$ off thinking we're a bunch of knobs.

Nelskie
November 4th, 2006, 03:44 PM
I really hope Tone is just sitting back at home reading this and laughing his a$$ off thinking we're a bunch of knobs.
Um - - what's to think about? We are a bunch of knobs. :p

Cranium
November 4th, 2006, 04:22 PM
......Whats a knob? :D

Spudman
November 4th, 2006, 04:53 PM
......Whats a knob? :D

Probably the one thing Tone may have missing when he returns.:eek:

ted s
November 4th, 2006, 05:01 PM
I guess it's a Canadian thing, like a goofball

tot_Ou_tard
November 4th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Probably the one thing Tone may have missing when he returns.:eek:
Wine spit take!!!

...here goes the keyboard back into the diswasher...

sdkljow e 0j2 jrjr 02 409930 jljdF]H&*q

SuperSwede
November 5th, 2006, 08:23 AM
I hope that he returns soon.. Not much YJM jokes going on with him in the sickbay.
I got a automated reply from his workmail that he will be back there on the 13th. Its not a Friday I hope...

Mark
November 5th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Hey T2TB hope you get well soon, enjoy the warm and fuzzies from them gorilla biscuits they give ya fer the pain....just dont get hooked on em!

Hogfullofblues
November 5th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Wishin you a speedy recovery.
Hog

Cranium
November 5th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Um - - what's to think about? We are a bunch of knobs. :p

Chicken head knobs...? ;)

aeolian
November 6th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Tone, get well and come back here soon.

aeolian

Tone2TheBone
November 7th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Ok you knobs I've got your bone right here!!!

(That doesn't come out right does it.)

Thanks for your support. Surgery is ovah with and it hurt like hell laughing at your infantile jokes but hey, thats ok 'cause what goes around comes around. (laugh, OW, laugh OW, laugh OW) I can't WAIT till some of you go under the knife. :)

Great to be missed though...thank you.

Tone'sGotYourBone

warren0728
November 7th, 2006, 03:15 PM
I can't WAIT till some of you go under the knife.
been there...done that....on my throat/neck (thyroid gland removal)....no fun

lot's more fun busting your chops instead!! ;) :DR :D

ww

Tone2TheBone
November 7th, 2006, 03:39 PM
been there...done that....on my throat/neck (thyroid gland removal)....no fun

lot's more fun busting your chops instead!! ;) :DR :D

ww

Mark mentioned the use of Gorilla Biscuits to help with the pain. (that was funny). The weirdest thing about any surgery is the going to sleep part. One minute you're up and the next it's "you're ready to go home now Mr. (blank)." Oh and Tim I've been playing all my guitars cept the Jazz Bass and Les Paul. Took me until Monday to be able to try it...been wincing the whole time though. And Nelskie...I have indeed enjoyed some listening time to a whole bunch of stuff.

warren0728
November 7th, 2006, 03:45 PM
for me it wasn't the going to sleep part as much as the first moments of waking up....when you just start to notice light and such but can't move....very uncomfortable feeling....

ww

Nelskie
November 7th, 2006, 05:40 PM
And Nelskie...I have indeed enjoyed some listening time to a whole bunch of stuff.
Good to hear - - and glad to have you back. Hopefully, you took careful note of those who didn't use your ailment as an opportunity for comic relief. It might not have been too funny had something serious evolved from your recent surgery. :(

*sound of pin dropping*

Spudman
November 7th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Yea! I'm glad you are back. So are you now better, faster, stronger than before? Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound? More powerful than Super 100 JH?

duhvoodooman
November 7th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Tone'sGotYourBone
The question is, does Tone have a bone of his own?? :eek:

Great to see you back here, T2TB! :DR

Robert
November 7th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Good to see you back bro! Hope you get some time to listen to some great music and play them geetars.

sunvalleylaw
November 7th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Hey Man!! Great to have you back. I was missing seeing Spock's face on the Fret! Hope you are catching up on all the posts and enjoying life.

ted s
November 8th, 2006, 06:44 AM
Glad your back in one piece, and that you took our ribbing for what it was.
We don't just tease anyone you know.

Spudman
November 8th, 2006, 07:30 AM
We don't just tease anyone you know.
That's right. We tease everyone. You just get special teasing. :)

jpfeifer
November 8th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Sorry tone, I've been away from the board for several days traveling for work when I saw this posting. Just wanted to wish you well in your surgery and a speedy recovery!

-- Jim

Tone2TheBone
November 8th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Thanks guys. I appreciate everyone's concerns and jokes. I'd expect nothing less from this crew. :) .......Just be prepared when it's your turn. *maniacal laughter* :D

Tim
November 8th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Hey Tone 2The?

Great to see you’re back from the twilight zone. I agree, no surgery is fun. I am putting off a knee replacement until I move in the spring. I don’t trust any doctors down here.

From your threats about getting back, I just may have to take a sabbatical from the Fret Net to avoid all the wise cracks that will surely follow my surgery. LOL.

Enjoy your recovery. Your instruments should help speed up your body’s healing process. Music heals the world.

Guitar-Chris
November 8th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Thanks guys. I appreciate everyone's concerns and jokes. I'd expect nothing less from this crew. :) .......Just be prepared when it's your turn. *maniacal laughter* :D

Hey Tone, hadn't have much time to read here...then was reading about a surgery... I'm glad reading you here. Get well soon!

Mark
November 9th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Glad to hear your doin well. I know what ya mean when I evicted my gall bladder I remember laying in the waiting area on the gurney. Lady comes up asks are you ok, I say yea just nervous this is my first surgery. She then informs me Im your anesthesiologist Ill give ya a little something to relax. Well laying there watching the other doctors discussing things I look at the clock and is says 1:36 and 42 seconds....I remember that clearly.......and that was my LAST memory. Lights out! good night Irene.

Till I woke up! My freakin gut hurt so bad! Im callin for my wife and I tell the nurse I want my wife and some painkillers. So she squirts some Demoral in my IV still big pain then they let my wife in and that helped then they had her coach me doin breathing excercises those are real FUN!!!!....MORE PAIN!! I then ask the nurse I need more painkillers and tell her I cant believe how bad I hurt, Ive been down on a motorcycle at 65 mph and it didnt hurt this bad! She then replys honey we have given you 8 mg of morphine, 150 mg of Demerol they wont kill the pain but will help you relax. So in my best stoned out of my gord pitiful need to know I ask. If they dont KILL the pain WHY DO THEY CALL EM PAINKILLERS?????. Its funny to think about it now but not so funny at the time. Heal up dude!

tot_Ou_tard
November 20th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Hey Tone!

I was too busy to hang out the last coupla' weeks. I dug around to make sure that you were fine. It's really great to have you back in one piece (you still have the piece don't you?)

Tone2TheBone
November 20th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Thanks dude. Healing up nicely. Piece is intact. hahaha Spud was right....it was surgery for a torn speaker cone. :)

tremoloman
November 21st, 2006, 01:54 AM
T2TB,

I'm sorry I missed out on what happened to you, but I wish you the speediest recovery possible and will be in my thoughts and prayers.

-tremoloman

Tone2TheBone
November 21st, 2006, 09:00 AM
T2TB,

I'm sorry I missed out on what happened to you, but I wish you the speediest recovery possible and will be in my thoughts and prayers.

-tremoloman

Trem - Thank you sir. :)