PDA

View Full Version : NGD - Dean Vendetta

DeanEVO_Dude
January 24th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Just got this, ordered from GC...
Ain't she a beauty!!

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_111994d3e37e25a206.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1880)

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_111994d3e38162279c.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1881)

syo
January 24th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Very nice. Congrats!
I recently saw a bunch of those being made in a factory I was touring. How does it play?

DeanEVO_Dude
January 24th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Better than the first one. The first one I got was red (which was cool), but it had a crack on one of the point on the headstock, uppon further investigation, there was a crack in the neck, behind the nut as well... Looked like it was dropped, but there was no damage to the shipping cartons... so I called them up, got an RA to return it, but there were two problems...
1. no more red ones in stock, red one was 199.99, black one was 299.99
2. since I used PayPal, they could not do an exchange even if they had the red one in stock... had to do a refund, then I would have to hope they were available and at the same 199.99 price...
So, I ended up getting the black one at 219.99, paid for that, got the RA, and sent the red one back for a refund. Altogether, I paid about 8 dollars more for the black with free shipping (they charged for shipping the red), the extra cost and sales tax.

Ok, how does it play... very, very nice. Much better setup than the other one. Fairly low action, with a little buzz on the low E going up the neck, but I have not checked the neck relief yet, thought I would give it a week to aclamate itself to the Colorado winter climate before I did that. The Floyd stays in tune great as well.

syo
January 24th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Glad to hear you are happy with it. Personally I like the black better than the red and it sounds like you made out ok considering the trouble you had to go through. The Vendettas I saw looked real nice and I wondered how they played. :dude

sunvalleylaw
January 25th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Congrats on the new axe!

DeanEVO_Dude
January 25th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Thanks. I did like the red alot... Which is kinda bad, cause I hate red guitars! LOL

Katastrophe
January 25th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Congrats! Dean is putting out some good guitars these days.

bcdon
January 25th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Very nice! Congrats!!

What colour is she? I'm not sure if it's just the camera/flash but it looks like a cool dark green pattern.

EDIT: I see you mentioned it is black, it must be my eyes but I really dig the pattern. :dude

DeanEVO_Dude
January 25th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Very nice! Congrats!!

What colour is she? I'm not sure if it's just the camera/flash but it looks like a cool dark green pattern.

EDIT: I see you mentioned it is black, it must be my eyes but I really dig the pattern. :dude

Yeah, they call it "Transparent Black". It is a mahagony body, (is the proper term "flame" or "flamed"?) maple cap, maple neck, "rosewood" fingerboard. Kinda looks like it is a brownish-grey... Thanks.

sumitomo
January 26th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Wow! I likey.Sumi:D

Brian Krashpad
January 26th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Congrats!

There's one of those for sale in a local shop here.

DeanEVO_Dude
January 31st, 2011, 07:10 AM
I have an update...
Since I have owned the guitar for over a week, I have not done any adjustments on it at all. It does have a minor buzz problem from the open to about the 4th or 5th fret on the low-e and a bit less on the a string, it seem that on the low-e side, the nut is set too low. For those of you that have Floyd equiped guitars correct me if I am wrong, this seems like a fairly easy fix to add some material to shim up the nut just a little to fix that. I have not done a lot of work on any nut, much less a locking Floyd nut...

Anyway, I do like the guitar alot... I plugged it into the Vox, selected the "US HIGHGAIN" and played... Wow! I thought Eddie was in the room, except the notes and tallent that actually emerged from the speaker were far, far, far below the level that would have come out, had he *actually* been in the room playing! But, at any rate, sounded like it has the tone, "Mikey likey!"

Jimi75
January 31st, 2011, 08:32 AM
The Vendetta series is really great value for the money. A friend went buying a 7-string Vendetta and it was totally great.