PDA

View Full Version : The Fighter

Robert
January 25th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Went to see this movie last night. Wow. Christian Bale is incredible in this flick. The mother of the 2 sons is incredible too. Everyone's acting is very, very strong.

If you like movies based on a true story, not full of special effects but full of believable characters, go see this one. So different from the usual Hollywood blockbuster material. I bet this movie will grab a few Academy Awards.

1_zijS_UAtw

vroomery
January 25th, 2011, 06:33 PM
The first thing I said when the credits rolled is "Christian Bale is going to win an Oscar for that".

Thats saying a lot considering how great the movie was. My first reaction was about his acting rather than that quality of the film. All around excellent.

Tone2TheBone
January 25th, 2011, 09:50 PM
I've always been a Marky Mark fan. Can't wait to see it.:digit

Tig
January 25th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Hoping to see it Wednesday if Mrs. Tig feels up to it.
Looks like a winner.

Tig
February 18th, 2011, 04:32 AM
Forgot to follow up after watching it. I really enjoyed the authentic feel of this movie and especially the character portrayals. It was like we entered into their lives instead of just watching from the theater.
I spent 3 weeks in and around Lowell and Chelmsford in the late 80's, and I felt like I was back there again. I even dated one of their neighbors... I'm not kidding!