PDA

View Full Version : Slash into horror flicks...

Robert
January 26th, 2011, 03:09 PM
I'd like to do that too! :dance

Grammy-winning rock guitarist Slash announced at the Sundance Film Festival this weekend the upcoming films on tap in 2011 and beyond for Slasher Films. Slasher Films is the horror film production company formed by Slash in partnership with Michael Williams and Rob Eric of Scout Productions.

Renowned in the music field, Slash has jumped head-first into Slasher Films, adding a producer cap to his extensive entertainment resume. As a hands-on producer, Slash has been working alongside Michael Williams and Rob Eric of Scout from the beginning selecting writers and directors. After searching through hundreds of scripts, the trio collectively read and agreed upon a handful of scripts that they’ve now added to their slate.

“I'm a life-long horror movie fan and horror movie critic. I’m from a generation that appreciates the great horror movies from the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s that really scared the hell out of you. We’re looking forward to getting up to Sundance to connect with like-minded directors and writers that share the same passion and nostalgia for quality horror and suspense films that Michael, Rob and I do,” explains Slash.

Slasher Films has the advantage of having one of the most respected musicians in the world at its helm. 2010 was a landmark year for Slash, and 2011 shows no signs of him slowing down. The guitarist and songwriter released his debut solo album, the acclaimed Slash which bowed on the Billboard Top 200 chart at #3 (#1 on the Rock chart, #1 on the Independent chart, and #1 on the Hard Music chart). Digitally, the album also became the #1 overall digital album and hit #1 on iTunes in 13 countries. The 14-song disc features collaborations with vocalists Ozzy Osbourne, Iggy Pop, Ian Astbury, Lemmy Kilmister, Chris Cornell, Rocco DeLuca, Dave Grohl, Myles Kennedy, Kid Rock, Adam Levine of Maroon 5, Duff McKagan, M. Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold, etc...

Ch0jin
January 27th, 2011, 01:59 AM
I'm keen to check out what he produces, but when it comes to musicians breaking into horror movies, Rob Zombie has set the bar VERY high.

Granted he didn't enjoy anywhere near the widespread music appeal Slash has, but Devil's Rejects, House of 1000 Corpses, and the remake of Halloween were very powerful and disturbing films. The first two films I hold right up there with 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre' as benchmarks of the craft.

Jimi75
January 27th, 2011, 02:05 AM
I think it's a good idea. Slash is pretty creative and he knows the right persons in both businesses, music and film.

Rob Zombie also was pretty successful so far with his movies.

I already visualize Ozzy as the new Graf Dracula!