kidsmoke
January 29th, 2011, 04:53 PM
going to see these guys tonight.

anybody know 'em? cool arrangement

New to me.

m1wnZ-G2XSc

sunvalleylaw
January 29th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Interesting. Tell us how it is. The band name and song title sound very "Blair Witch Project!"

kidsmoke
January 30th, 2011, 12:49 PM
very cool show. They are a young group from Chapel Hill NC. Ari, the leader, studied film score composition at Berklee in Boston, and it shows. The entire show was very theatrical, every song dripping textures and layers and background wailing, multiple strings, 2 cellos and a violinist (who was VERY easy on the eyes) a bunch of multi instrumentalists....a gal switching between vibes, french horn and floor tom, and accordian, and another guy moving from bass to Tuba! At one point, he also pulled out a baby blue reverend six gun, but that was the only appearance of an electric guitar in the whole set. The leader of the band plays of all things a Fender 12 string acoustic with only 6 strings/tuners. He had a gorgeous crafter 6 string sitting in the rack, but played the Fender exclusively. Worth seeing, but I don't know how long they can keep it fresh. I really enjoyed but another of the guys that catches a couple shows a week like I do, opted out, saying this is why art majors shouldn't be musicians?!?!! YOUNg, travelling in a bus with their spouses must have been more than a dozen all together, real fun nice bunch. Guys got an amazing voice.

QkEjJpuZbog

heres a video from the opening act. She did the entire set with her Electra 335 knock off, japanese made, late 70's flamed maple black binding. Beautiful, I got my paws on it after the show. (the guitar, not the Cheyenne, there was a line, you see) the guitar and a Boss RC20XL

4D14VkLzODc