PDA

View Full Version : Gibson Les Paul Studio '60s Tribute

pedalbuilder
February 1st, 2011, 11:14 AM
Anybody had a chance to play one of these? I am looking to get into a P90 equipped LP this year and at this price point ($850 at MF, so I assume comparable everywhere else) it'd be great to grab a real Gibson rather than my other choices, currently with the Agile AL-3000 in the lead . . .

I've got all the time in the world, though, with no need to buy now or ever, so . . . opinions?

FrankenFretter
February 1st, 2011, 10:45 PM
I just saw these online recently, and that GT looks freakin' sweet. Then again, you could get 2 Agiles with that kind of coin. I love my AL3K, just for the record. It's unreal the kind of quality you get for the money with an Agile.

I'd love to try one of those Gibbys out, but it looks like they're not going to be in stock until later this month. Right around tax return time, coincidentally.

pedalbuilder
February 1st, 2011, 10:47 PM
I love my AL3K, just for the record. It's unreal the kind of quality you get for the money with an Agile.

I agree with this 100%. I have the AL-3000M with the neck-thru . . . a beautiful instrument, and - at the time - the most expensive thing Rondo sold at like $599 including the case . . . . crazy.

And yeah - this tax return is going to really boost the guitar economy - I have no self control.