PDA

View Full Version : Hendrix- machine gun lesson

The Fender Bender
February 2nd, 2011, 03:54 AM
I dont suppose anybody out there in FretNet land has any good tabs or video lesson for Machine Gun? Having a bit of trouble getting it to sound right, any help much appreciated for an old lefty. :rockya

Jimi75
February 2nd, 2011, 04:15 AM
Which tab do you exactly mean? The typical intro riffing around 12th fret, or also the entire solo tab? Did you watch all available video over at youtube? Some people did great cover versions where you can figure out how the riffs are played.

The Fender Bender
February 2nd, 2011, 04:55 AM
Hi Jimi75, Thanks for reply yes just 12th fret intro,I couldnt imagine being able to play the entire solo, some great covers on youtube I have been working from them, I think a decent univibe would make my interpretation sound a heap better I have a voodoo lab micro vibe on order. Hendrix live version Isle of Wight 23 mins solo awesome.

Jimi75
February 2nd, 2011, 05:07 AM
It's the octaver that makes it also unique sounding. Octavers sound best aroud 12t fret, pick up in the neck position. I've checked some tabs and they all seem to be correct for the intro riff. So it wouldn't help if I tapped it here for you. Watch your thumb, it should stay on the 12th fret, low e-string. Listen to Jimi's groove. Lots of percussive ghost notes going on here. Once you got the groove down, things start sounding right. Good luck!

The Fender Bender
February 4th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Jimi75 Thank you for all your help mate I appreciate it. ( and need it!!!)