PDA

View Full Version : More than I can afford! Marshall/Strat content.

oldguy
February 2nd, 2011, 11:21 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Stratocaster-/320643892551?pt=Guitar&hash=item4aa7dd8547

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARSHALL-1966-JTM-45-KITCHEN-PLEXI-GREEN-SMALL-BOX-RARE-/120672250129?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c18a06911

Too rich for my blood!
I learned something, though. I'd never heard of a Kitchen Marshall.

Question.
Anybody "get" the Strat description?

I see the "southpaw" comment, don't get the last picture's relevance.
Seems like he's alluding to someone famous, w/o coming out and saying so.
Don't know any other reason that guitar would be priced so high.

Robert
February 2nd, 2011, 11:56 AM
You're So Out Of Luck if you are from Kansas! :D

oldguy
February 2nd, 2011, 11:58 AM
You're So Out Of Luck if you are from Kansas! :D

I know! That's another thing I thought was weird....

marnold
February 2nd, 2011, 12:22 PM
A bajillion dollars for a Partsocaster? Whoever used that amph (and I've never heard of Kitchen Marshall either), must have hydrochloric acid for sweat.

pedalbuilder
February 2nd, 2011, 12:35 PM
Jeez. I like nice gear as much as the next guy, but there is no guitar or amp in the world that is worth that amount of money!

marnold
February 2nd, 2011, 02:14 PM
A little research turned up that in the late 60s Jim Marshall produced a line of amphs for a retail chain in Leeds, England called "Kitchen." Thus the name. Seems like they were just rebranded Marshalls.

Here's some more info from Google books (http://books.google.com/books?id=E90tMBs9_FEC&pg=PA85&lpg=PA85&dq=%22kitchen+marshall%22&source=bl&ots=ne8l502m3M&sig=zGror1-fdG49dshUErvSyJ1G-qI&hl=en&ei=UbtJTd_XJdPAgQeCpYgP&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CEQQ6AEwBjgK#v=onepage&q=%22kitchen%20marshall%22&f=false)

oldguy
February 3rd, 2011, 04:17 PM
A bajillion dollars for a Partsocaster?

Jeez. I like nice gear as much as the next guy, but there is no guitar or amp in the world that is worth that amount of money!

That's what had me wondering about the description for the Strat...... what/who is he hinting at?
Quote.

"I know that this Strat came back to The States in 1980 from The U.K. The Guy who sold it to me lost his job over it. It was put together from two different Strats, 1950's Body and 1963 Neck. When I received it there were slotted screws in the Pickguard and the Pickups were totally trashed but I played it like that until 1992 when Jim Mouradian suggested I send them to a man named Lindy Fralin who did such a fantastic job with them that I gave the slotted screws to Jim who had need of them. The Fretboard is Rosewood Veneer and is practically Black. The Strat was owned by a Southpaw as I've disclosed in the last photo. As simply as I can put - in my lifetime this is the finest example of a Fender Stratocaster that I'll ever play and I've played some."

kidsmoke
February 3rd, 2011, 06:58 PM
Gotta be Jimi. I don't see what he's referring to re: "the last picture"

Eric
February 3rd, 2011, 07:49 PM
Did you notice that pictures 2, 8, and 10 are all the same? I wonder if he previously had a different picture in there and then changed it.