PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Player 5 yrs. less than $20

Spudman
November 5th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Found a great deal on Guitar Player magazine. Hurry!
http://publicationstation.net/Browse_Item_Details.asp/Item_ID/1011969/categ_id/7/parent_ids/0,1,7/Name/Guitar_Player_12_issuesyr

Plank_Spanker
November 5th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Good find, man!

I'm already a long time subscriber. It's a great mag.

Spudman
November 5th, 2006, 03:06 PM
I am too. I have boxes of GP from the 1970's.

Spudman
November 5th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Folks, it is $3.50 per year, or the cost of one magazine off the newstand PER YEAR!

tot_Ou_tard
November 6th, 2006, 06:14 AM
I just ordered. Thanks Spud!

duhvoodooman
November 6th, 2006, 08:29 AM
I got in for 3 years. Thanks for the hot tip, Spuds!

sunvalleylaw
November 6th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Folks, it is $3.50 per year, or the cost of one magazine off the newstand PER YEAR!

Yeah, I just ordered 5, after paying almost a third of the price for 5 years day before yesterday at the store for this month's issue. Thanks for the tip Spud!

NPauly
November 7th, 2006, 06:07 AM
Great Find!! I just got 5 years for cheaper than the normal 1 year subscription ...

Now I just need to find the same or similar deal on Vintage Guitar and I will be set. :-)

sunvalleylaw
December 20th, 2006, 08:58 AM
Yeah, I just ordered 5, after paying almost a third of the price for 5 years day before yesterday at the store for this month's issue. Thanks for the tip Spud!

Is everyone receiving their magazines? I have not received any yet and subscribed on 11/5. :(

duhvoodooman
December 20th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Is everyone receiving their magazines? I have not received any yet and subscribed on 11/5.
As I recall, the acknowledgement I got from them said to figure on up to 10 weeks before you get the first issue. That would translate to mid-January or so....

sunvalleylaw
December 20th, 2006, 10:43 AM
As I recall, the acknowledgement I got from them said to figure on up to 10 weeks before you get the first issue. That would translate to mid-January or so....

Oh. I am sure I forgot to read that part. Thanks.

M29
December 20th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Thanks Spudman for the info. Got a year!

M29

sunvalleylaw
December 20th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Oh. I am sure I forgot to read that part. Thanks.

Allison there sent me a very nice reply to an email query I sent indicating I would start up in January. Very nice service. :)

NPauly
December 20th, 2006, 08:16 PM
This is the confirmation email I received back in November.

Your order has been received and is being processed.

If your magazine/s have a cycle of 12 issues or more per year, expect your first issue/renewal within 7-10 weeks.

If your magazine/s have a cycle of 11 issues or less per year, expect your first issue/renewal within 7-14 weeks.

Thank you for your support and have a great day!

PublicationStation.net

I expect we will see our subscriptions begin in January or February.

tot_Ou_tard
January 5th, 2007, 05:00 PM
I just got my first issue!

It's a Guitar Player 40th anniversary issue with a way cool 101 Forgotten Greats & Unsung Heroes roundup.

Thanks Spud!

duhvoodooman
January 5th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Nothing here yet, but I'm watching that mailbox!

Spudman
January 5th, 2007, 06:42 PM
I don't have mine yet either. I'm getting tired of reading cereal boxes.:(

Glad you got it tOt.

tot_Ou_tard
January 5th, 2007, 06:50 PM

The human brain is weird. You put a cereal boxes in front of its input sensors (eyes!) & it'll read it. There is no way to stop that.

Glad you got it tOt.

Me too, thanks! :D

---Hey kerc! There is a First Act 2007 calendar that comes with this months issue of GP. The Drive-By truckers get two months.

sunvalleylaw
January 5th, 2007, 11:12 PM

Glad you got it tOt.

Nothing here either. But I just chock that up to mail in a small mountain resort town aways off a main highway. Oh well, I just keep finding threads here to read!! :D :DR

duhvoodooman
January 7th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Got my first one in the mail yesterday. The rest of you who ordered this when Spuds first posted it should be seeing them anytime now!

Thanks again for the tip, Mr. Potatodude!! Heckuva deal!! :D

tot_Ou_tard
January 7th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Yes, three cheers for Spudly!!

I'm glad you got your GP Vood. I just gotta say one more time, that I love the piece on forgotten guitar heroes. I just wish it came with a CD! :D

NPauly
January 8th, 2007, 11:06 AM
I got my first issue ... thanks for the heads-up on such a great deal!!

sunvalleylaw
January 8th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Still nuthin' in this part of Idaho. What about you, Spud? I want to read the forgotten heroes piece so I can join that discussion. Will go look online to see if there is an online piece.

Spudman
January 8th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Nothing here, but I can tell you how much niacin and vitamin A are in Cheerios.

ShortBuSX
January 10th, 2007, 11:51 AM
To me it looks like its $15 a year??? 5 years = $75

Spudman
January 10th, 2007, 01:43 PM
To me it looks like its $15 a year??? 5 years = $75

You missed the bus. Sorry. It was a shortly lived special offer.

ShortBuSX
January 10th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Figures :mad: Darn it!

sunvalleylaw
January 16th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Still nuthin' in this part of Idaho. What about you, Spud? I want to read the forgotten heroes piece so I can join that discussion. Will go look online to see if there is an online piece.

Mine showed today, along with my new, used Bad Monkey. Good guitar mailbox today!! :D

Spudman
January 16th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Mine came today too so now I can relax. Strange, I ordered first but get mine last. shrug

Thanks Spud for the tip on the really great deal.

Janarm
January 17th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Yes,it's great find but who knows about shipping to Europe?

Spudman
January 17th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Yes,it's great find but who knows about shipping to Europe?

Don't worry about it, the deal is over.

M29
May 7th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Hello all,

Well I got my first issue of Guitar Player magazine today from the deal we got last winter:eek:
My issues never started and I ended up writing them about it a month ago and gave them my order number to prove I ordered it. They wrote back and said they were sorry for the mixup and that they would give me an extra year subsciption for the delay. I thought that was great and thought I would pass on the heads up on their service. I'm happy now:D

M29

Spudman
May 7th, 2007, 02:42 PM
You scored M29! Way to go and sorry about the delay.

7lords
May 7th, 2007, 03:00 PM
In case people missed out the the original deal, here is an offer that might work (I just signed up today):

http://www.bestdealmagazines.com/search.asp?search=guitar

$4.69 for one year but if you use the coupon code MPS16 during checkout, the cost is $3.94 for one year.