PDA

View Full Version : Is TheFret still doing the affilliate thing with MF?

Katastrophe
February 4th, 2011, 05:53 PM
I don't see the ads to click on... Birthday's coming up soon and Mrs. Kat wants to surprise me!

marnold
February 6th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Bump. My birthday's coming up too :)

Robert
February 6th, 2011, 02:21 PM
YES!

I will update the affiliate links tomorrow. We have affiliation with Musician's Friend, Zzounds and Guitar Center. Will any of those do?

Thanks for thinking of - appreciated!

kiteman
February 7th, 2011, 06:46 AM
I buy/bought a lot from MF so fix your links Robert. :)

Robert
February 7th, 2011, 09:44 AM
I put up 5 random links to online retailers, for variety. Hope that works!

Perhaps I should set up a page with these links always available, in case the random thing is annoying, which it could be, if you know where you want to buy from. Or, you could just hit the browser's refresh button until you see the ad/retailer you are interested in.

Musicians Friend
Guitar Center
All Pro Sound
American Music Supply
Music 123

Spudman
February 7th, 2011, 12:26 PM
I think setting up permalinks to them would be good so that we can directly get the order placed without hesitation.

ET335
February 7th, 2011, 12:33 PM
A page for those would be good Robert...I have also been been buying a lot from MF here in the last 2 months...through those links here on the Fret.

I am holding back from ordering anything else right now until I see the links.

Robert
February 7th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Your wish has been granted - http://www.thefret.net/content.php/122-guitar-gear-affiliate-thefret.net

Enjoy and thanks! :)

Katastrophe
February 10th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Robert, I know the commission on these orders must be small, but I have a few questions...

Is the commission enough on a $100.00 plus order enough for a bronze membership?

Secondly, do you have a way of being notified of who bought what, and for how much?

Finally, would there be a way of applying the commission toward subscription costs?

It could be cool if someone bought a minimum amount from a FretNet affilliate (maybe even different levels for each subscription level) that they could get a subscription and some asteriks for a year as an incentive to buy from one of the vendors.

I dunno, maybe it's a silly idea, but I thought I might throw it out there. Sry if is stooooopid.

Robert
February 10th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Kat, I understand your idea, but it's not trackable that way. Furthermore, the membership subscription can only be payed through the forum payment buttons

Regarding the commission question - hundred dollar order does not even give you a bronze membership...

Katastrophe
February 11th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Gotcha, Robert. Thanks for answering my questions.