PDA

View Full Version : Classic Vibe 50's strat - new Fender locking tuners.

Duffy
February 4th, 2011, 06:02 PM
I just had a set of real nice brushed chrome Fender locking tuners installed on my Lake Placid Blue CV Fifties strat that now also has an aged white pearl pickguard and Fender Custom Shop Texas Special pickups.

The Fender locking tuners look great and function very well, holding tune way better than the stock vintage style tuners, even with moderately heavy tremolo work.

The installation only cost twenty dollars and was done by qualified techs. They were lined up with a good straight edge and pilot holes for the positioning nubs were drilled. The existing headstock holes were carefully reamed out to just the right size to accomodate the larger diameter Fender locking tuners.

The final project turned out looking great and I like the easy functionality and improved tuning stability afforded by the new tuners.

My observation is that this is a great improvement that can be made to the already excellent Classic Vibe Fifties strat; and it doesn't cost too much.

I am thinking of putting some of these on my other CV Fifties that remains stock. I'm thinking of putting noiseless pickups on it with a boost circuit like the Eric Clapton strat or the black strat with EMG noiseless single coils that Vince Gill plays on the "Crossroads" DVD. Excellent by itself, the Classic Vibe strats are great platforms to improve even more, whatever your tastes may be.

Tig
February 5th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Pixxors or it didn't happen!

:worthless

Duffy
February 5th, 2011, 01:25 AM
Yes. yes, I will take some. You might like the way this one looks.