PDA

View Full Version : Seatbelts

Monkus
February 5th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Guys, my sister in law (wife's sister) passed in a car accident on Friday last. She was 30 and the sweetest thing you can imagine. She was sitting in the back seat without her seatbelt on. The car rolled after it left the asphalt and fell onto its wheels down a 20 ft embankment. She was ejected from the vehicle and passed instantly. The two in the front, her cousin and a friend, survived with minor injuries as they were wearing seatbelts. This week has been the most surreal of my life so far. Please ensure that your loved ones buckle up in the back.

marnold
February 5th, 2011, 09:12 AM
You are in our thoughts and prayers, Monkus. My parents were among the first to be really serious about making sure we buckled up. I've been in enough accidents as it is. Since we were all strapped in, we were perfectly safe. Without them, I'd hate to think what would have happened.

kidsmoke
February 5th, 2011, 10:04 AM
I'm sorry for your loss, Monkus. So much harder when you know it could have been avoided. Thanks for the strong reminder.

bcdon
February 5th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Sad news. Sorry for your loss. Thanks for the reminder, although I always wear my seat belt
in the front, I'm not nearly so diligent when in the back. Take care.

Jimi75
February 5th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Very sorry to hear that.

sunvalleylaw
February 5th, 2011, 05:56 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, Monkus. So much harder when you know it could have been avoided. Thanks for the strong reminder.

This goes for me too. And what Marnold and the others said. Thoughts and prayers and peace be with you and your family.

kiteman
February 6th, 2011, 06:13 AM
That's awful, may she rest in peace.

Tig
February 6th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Monkus, my heart goes out for you, your wife and family. Such a sad loss seems so meaningless.

I'm a huge advocate for seat belts for every passenger and correctly installed child seats. My past fire/EMS days exposed me to how critical these are, as well as to the many sad losses when they don't get used.

R_of_G
February 6th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Monkus, my condolences to you and your family.

Monkus
February 7th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Thanks wor the words of kindness and masses of mojo sent our way. lady Monkus saw this and really appreciates the comments. We all were very close.

ET335
February 7th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Very sorry to here that Monkus...our prayers are with you and your family.

Beerman
February 9th, 2011, 07:50 AM
I am so very sorry to hear of this tragedy. I can't imagine how painful this is for the family.
My sincerest and heartfelt condolences to your family. Trust that God will heal.