PDA

View Full Version : Just a Quick Hello to all

Bridgepin
February 9th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Hi Everone
I just wanted to give a quick shout out to you all :wave: I am new to your forum and look forward to chatting with you all and participating in sharing are love for the guitar
Best wishes to all
David

sunvalleylaw
February 9th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Hi David, and welcome! Given your username, are you more acoustic oriented?

Spudman
February 9th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Hi and welcome.:wave:

bcdon
February 9th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Welcome aboard, David!

Tig
February 9th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Welcome to The Fret, Bridgepin David!

Bridgepin
February 9th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Hi sunvalley
Yeah that is pretty much all I play these days, I do have a Fender Strat but saddly it doesn't see much play time any more, I still love the guitar, but I have been more drawn to my acoustics so much so I have 1 Strat and 11 acoustics

Bridgepin
February 9th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome :AOK

Katastrophe
February 9th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Welcome! What are these "acoustics" of which you speak?

Oh, wait, those are the full hollowbodies with a big hole and no pickup, right? ;) Just kidding! This is a great forum, and we need more primarily acoustical players around here. Post often, with pics of those guitars!

sunvalleylaw
February 9th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Nice! I like both, and enjoy playing my electrics and my acoustic. I have two acoustics. My original "Joshua" which was a lower end guitar made in Oregon in the 90's. It has been supplanted by my Martin SPD-16TR which I got last year and really love. I have been a fan of the Neil Young type rosewood/spruce Martin dread sound and this one gives me the sound I like without breaking the bank. Here it is (I still need to replace the original plastic bridgepins and tusq nut), and would love to see some of your collection some day. Welcome again! Maybe we can entice you back into playing more on the electric side some too. :AOK

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/P4300034.jpg

Bridgepin
February 10th, 2011, 01:01 AM
LOL... I will try to get a couple pic up, I just moved from Ct to Northern Ca, Sac. area. Oh am I so happy I missed all that snow back there, ( sorry to all you folks back there ) but I just didn't want it any more, I need a day or two and i'll have some pic's :thumbsup

Robert
February 10th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Welcome to our place, Bridgepin. :)

Brian Krashpad
February 12th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Hey David, welcome!

Bridgepin
February 12th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Well, here is the pictures I said I would post, there not as nice as I would like to have taken but I just have moved from Ct. to Ca. and I am renting a place so till I find a house I have them in this back room, I took one outside real quick in the back yard I should have taken the time to set up a couple nice shots,,,,,, but oh well

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy100/bridgepin/musicroom002.jpg

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy100/bridgepin/musicroom001.jpg

Bridgepin
February 12th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Nice! I like both, and enjoy playing my electrics and my acoustic. I have two acoustics. My original "Joshua" which was a lower end guitar made in Oregon in the 90's. It has been supplanted by my Martin SPD-16TR which I got last year and really love. I have been a fan of the Neil Young type rosewood/spruce Martin dread sound and this one gives me the sound I like without breaking the bank. Here it is (I still need to replace the original plastic bridgepins and tusq nut), and would love to see some of your collection some day. Welcome again! Maybe we can entice you back into playing more on the electric side some too. :AOK

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/P4300034.jpg

SunValley That's a nice guitar, I love to play Neils music myself, I play the stuff from the 70s (I'm an old fart 52 lol) so Neil and Stephen Stills tunes are what I fancy most

Bridgepin
February 12th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Opps SunValley
I wanted to add my Taylor 810 came with a tusq saddle and I changed it out to Bone, I really felt it was a big improvement in tone,sustain,volume, now I use Ebony pins in this guitar becuase I felt it made the guitar to bright with bone but like I said before I like to tinker with my guitars and have tried lots of combinations Saddles,pins,strings. My Martin D-41 I have bone all the way saddle nut and pins and think that is the best combo for that guitar. LMI prices make it easy to try out stuff I make my own saddles out of there blanks ( very easy to do ) I just buy a couple just in case, pins I buy a few sets to match up the best fit and color that I like and I always sand the pins to fit the guitar never do I alter the guitar to fit the pins that way you can go back to your original pins if you like

pictoratus
February 12th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Hi Bridgepin. New guy here also.

That's a lot of acoustics! :AOK

Bridgepin
February 12th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Hi Bridgepin. New guy here also.

That's a lot of acoustics! :AOK

Hi Pic
I just gave you a shout on your introduction page, thanks, Yea I love Dreads, I have two more guitars that didn't make the picture a Fender strat and one more acoustic I was just to lazy to pull them out for the photo the one's I have out here are the one's I play all the time

sunvalleylaw
February 12th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Thanks BP! I love it. Speaking of nice guitars, what a nice collection you have! Is that the D-41 a little left of center on the inside shot?! :drool I got to play a D-45 once a couple years back. I just sat there and thought and heard Neil.

Bridgepin
February 12th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Hi sunvalley
Yeah that sure is and thank you, I pick that up a few years ago it's a 89, I have wanted a D-41 for a long time and this came along at a great price I just had to get it, I love it

FrankenFretter
February 13th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Welcome aboard, David!