PDA

View Full Version : The Blues...

FrankAxtell
November 7th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Here is a quick blues shuffle I did using my strat into an RC Booster and then into a '65 Fender Super Reverb.
Enjoy...

http://www.frankaxtell.com/Audio/BluesShuffle.mp3

ted s
November 7th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Nice tones and style Frank.

f1point7
November 7th, 2006, 08:20 PM
nice work! can you/someone help explain, is it just me or does it sound like you go into modal playing when in the V chord of the blues progression?

duhvoodooman
November 7th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Excellent, Frank!! Great Strat blues vibe there. I hope you realize how discouraging your playing can be to an amateur!! But inspiring at the same time! Keep 'em coming....

Jimi75
November 8th, 2006, 06:42 AM
Okay my friend - this take showed a completely different side of your playing.
Very nice tone.

aeolian
November 8th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Great stuff! I don't know what else to say but that you continue to impress the hell out of me. The tone you get out of that Strat is simply amazing; I would have guessed a 335 was being played.

Back to the woodshed for me; but what's the use, I'll never get to be anywhere close to that good.

aeolian

FrankAxtell
November 8th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Okay my friend - this take showed a completely different side of your playing.
Very nice tone.
I'm really trying to learn to play the blues. Doing a lot of listening to Albert King and Freddie King...thanks so much for listening:o

FrankAxtell
November 8th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Great stuff! I don't know what else to say but that you continue to impress the hell out of me. The tone you get out of that Strat is simply amazing; I would have guessed a 335 was being played.

Back to the woodshed for me; but what's the use, I'll never get to be anywhere close to that good.

aeolian
hey it just takes a whole lot of work and determination...you just gotta want it real bad...thanks for the kind words:)

Guitar-Chris
November 8th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Here is a quick blues shuffle I did using my strat into an RC Booster and then into a '65 Fender Super Reverb.
Enjoy...

Enjoy? Yes, I really did! Very nice tune Frank!

r_a_smith3530
November 8th, 2006, 01:58 PM
I'm really trying to learn to play the blues. Doing a lot of listening to Albert King and Freddie King...thanks so much for listening:o

You're doing one hell of a job for a student! Great work. When listening, don't leave out the other Albert. The Iceman's work is the stuff that electric blues is made of. Other "musts" are Buddy Guy, Otis Rush, and Hound Dog Taylor. Taylor's work was responsible for the launch of one of today's top blues labels, Alligator Records.

Hogfullofblues
November 8th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Wow. That was excellent, Frank. I really liked the jazzy feel, but still the blues.

jpfeifer
November 9th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Great stuff again Frank!
My favorite mix of styles is Jazz and Blues. It's cool to hear someone playing over blues changes and taking it a little more in the Jazz direction, this is what I like about guys like Roben Ford, Brian Setzer, etc. They have a good handle on both genres to be able to mix them toget5her. Great job on this.

-- Jim

FrankAxtell
November 13th, 2006, 12:03 PM
You're doing one hell of a job for a student! Great work. When listening, don't leave out the other Albert. The Iceman's work is the stuff that electric blues is made of. Other "musts" are Buddy Guy, Otis Rush, and Hound Dog Taylor. Taylor's work was responsible for the launch of one of today's top blues labels, Alligator Records.
I'll be sure to take your advice...thanks!