PDA

View Full Version : Photo albums for Gold Supporters

Robert
February 10th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Gold supporters can now have photo albums, yay!

Go to "My Profile" at the top, and scroll down on the left. There should be a section called "Albums". From there on, I am sure you can figure it out. If not, shout it, shout it, shout it out loud! :rockya

Retro Hound
February 11th, 2011, 04:29 PM
I couldn't get the photos to upload with Firefox, had to go into IE to get it done.

Spudman
February 11th, 2011, 04:53 PM
It wouldn't let me even upload an avatar sized file. I think then it probably isn't going to work for other photos if it can't take something that small.

I tried 2 other pictures under 500 k and it went through the uploading process but they don't appear in my album. It always says it exceeds size quota.

Robert
February 11th, 2011, 05:14 PM
The file limit per file is 1 megabyte. Let's figure out what's wrong with your uploads.

Spudman
February 11th, 2011, 05:41 PM
The file limit per file is 1 megabyte. Let's figure out what's wrong with your uploads.

All my files have been smaller than that. I've only tried jpg files so far.

Robert
February 11th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Can you create an album? Wonder if there are any permission issues.

Spudman
February 11th, 2011, 05:45 PM
I've already created the album. It goes through the file loading process, gets to the end then has the orange marker to the right of the file. I click on the marker and it says my file is too large even though it is well under the size you allow.

Robert
February 11th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Maybe it is the pixel dimensions. I changed them to 1600 x 1200 - see if it works now?

Spudman
February 11th, 2011, 06:56 PM
It's still not working for me.

Photo size
429.9 KB
After uploading message
exceeds forum quota by 84.9 kb

Robert
February 11th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Try now Spuddie. You sure exceed today! :D

Spudman
February 11th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Try now Spuddie. You sure exceed today! :D

Larger than life baby. :socool

Okay, now it uploads, then shows a photo off to the right, but when I clicked on it a message popped up that said it was an invalid file and to notify the administrator. There is no file in my album either.

Robert
February 13th, 2011, 12:39 AM
Invalid file... hmm, what image extension does it have? BMP's are not supported.
Can't otherwise see what is wrong here. Anyone else having trouble uploading photos to their albums?

Spudman
February 13th, 2011, 12:57 AM
I get an error with any jpg file I try to load.

Spudman
February 13th, 2011, 01:19 AM
Seems to be working now. Thanks.

deeaa
February 14th, 2011, 05:16 AM
If I post a link here...do you guys see the album OK? Is it visible like it should be?

http://www.thefret.net/album.php?albumid=3

oldguy
February 14th, 2011, 07:03 AM
If I post a link here...do you guys see the album OK? Is it visible like it should be?

http://www.thefret.net/album.php?albumid=3

Yes it is.

deeaa
February 14th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Thanks...sometimes it's hard to tell if it works like it should. It apparently only allows putting a limited number of photos in a single album, but I could circumvent it by creating an other album, putting more photos there, and then transferring the photos to the 1st album and then deleting the new one.

Robert
February 14th, 2011, 09:02 AM
You can have 200 pictures per album, but the maximum size by all pictures is set to 5 MB. We need to do this because our server doesn't have a very large storage capacity at this time.

player
February 17th, 2011, 06:23 PM

http://www.thefret.net/album.php?albumid=3as with OG Likewise it is there.