PDA

View Full Version : Site extremely slow - IE no new posts??

progrmr
February 13th, 2011, 08:31 AM
I've been using tapatalk to view the forum and I've noticed over the last several days that there are rarely any new posts - what's happened to this place??

bcdon
February 13th, 2011, 10:41 AM
It hasn't been that slow around here.. maybe your tapatalk client thinks all of the threads are 'read' ?

sunvalleylaw
February 13th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Posts tend to go in waves. Also I think folks are getting used to all the new changes around here. I am sure it will pick up. Participation is still free, and there are lots of new features available. It will be fun to see it grow. :AOK

Robert
February 13th, 2011, 11:57 AM
I made some changes to the New Posts feature - not sure if that is part of the problem. Can you guys keep an eye on this feature too? Perhaps it's marking posts as read after a while, even you though didn't look at them. I don't know, I'm trying to figure that one out.

sunvalleylaw
February 13th, 2011, 12:07 PM
I think it may be. Both on tapatalk and on the site. At least it seems like that. I will see if I can keep track. On the old site, there was a "Today's Posts" type link that I liked to use the best that showed the day's posts whether or not the were "new" or read by me. I am not sure if that one is available here. There is a link that shows when you hit "new posts" and there aren't any (as they are counted now). But I don't know if that link can be activated in the quick links menu here as well.

Robert
February 13th, 2011, 05:14 PM
I changed it back the way it used to be. Should be functioning better with New Posts now!

Comments?

progrmr
February 13th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Yes! MUCH better - I like to use the new posts feature to see what's current. Thanks Robert!

sunvalleylaw
February 13th, 2011, 06:48 PM
That seems a more normal look. Thanks Robert.

bcdon
February 13th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Way better! Muchas gracias!!

Spudman
February 13th, 2011, 07:36 PM
That made a huge difference. Thanks bucko.

Eric
February 14th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Same as everyone else: it was acting weird, now it's pretty much back to normal.

syo
February 14th, 2011, 10:38 PM
For me, the site loads very slowly. Even though I have a very fast connection The Fret has become noticeably, sometimes painfully, slower since the changeover. Perhaps you're still working things out but thought perhaps you should know. Anyone else with the same problem?

sunvalleylaw
February 14th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Not over here. If anything, it seems faster.

Spudman
February 14th, 2011, 11:23 PM

Same for me as well.

syo
February 15th, 2011, 07:59 AM

Same for me as well.

Hmmm... Sounds like Idaho is the place to be...:cool:

progrmr
February 15th, 2011, 08:07 AM
For me it's about the same as before the change - certainly not painfully slower IMO.

Spudman
February 15th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Hmmm... Sounds like Idaho is the place to be...:cool:

Probably because there is only 100 people in the whole state and only 25 of them have and know how to use the internet. Absolutely no drain on bandwidth. :D

player
February 16th, 2011, 08:26 PM
in a lot of forums posts and traffic has slowed considerably.as was pointed out it comes n goes in waves particularly after the holidays.nothing earth shattering about it.