PDA

View Full Version : Mustang I is here! NAD!

Katastrophe
February 14th, 2011, 10:39 PM
It got here today! No pics or clips yet. I only had a few minutes to fiddle around with it, then I had to go study.

Initial impressions:

Fit and finish are great. The "carbon fiber" covering covers, the knobs all turn smoothly.

Incredibly versatile. Each model sounds different, and each version of the model sounds great, and they are all useable.

Effects are good.

Controls are very easy to use, and are intuitive. Just twist and go.

The amph came triple boxed from AMS. It survived the trip well, methinks.

I can't wait to restring my Strat and plug into the FUSE software. This little sucker is very tweakable as it stands. I can't imagine what "deep editing" is gonna be like.

One complaint.

One of the Bassman models comes with a tremelo effect, and I can't seem to turn it off. The underlying tone is way cool, and I want the effect gone. Maybe I can "deep edit" this preset?

No report as yet on the tones I was getting... My strings were completely shot, and need to be replaced first.

Lev
February 15th, 2011, 02:44 AM
One complaint.

One of the Bassman models comes with a tremelo effect, and I can't seem to turn it off. The underlying tone is way cool, and I want the effect gone. Maybe I can "deep edit" this preset?

No report as yet on the tones I was getting... My strings were completely shot, and need to be replaced first.

You can turn down the mix of the effect by holding down the Exit button while turning the modulation effect nob. Turn it all the way down if you want to switch it off. If that doesn't work you might need to upgrade the firmware as I think that feature was a later addition. Either way you can switch it off by clicking the pedal in Fuse. Looking forward to hearing your impressions in the coming days.

oldguy
February 15th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Congrats on the new birthday toy, Kat! :)

pictoratus
February 15th, 2011, 06:48 AM
I've had one for a few weeks now and have to say it's a pretty amazing piece of gear for the price!

I'm still learning the ins and outs but have already discovered a lot of potential.

Welcome to the Mustang amp owners club! :dance

Eric
February 15th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Cool deal. Congrats and happy NAhD!

progrmr
February 15th, 2011, 08:26 AM
It is a very good amp for the price - I'm actually starting to like it more than the Vox I used to have (and I liked that one a lot).

ZMAN
February 15th, 2011, 09:48 AM
It got here today! No pics or clips yet. I only had a few minutes to fiddle around with it, then I had to go study.

Initial impressions:

Fit and finish are great. The "carbon fiber" covering covers, the knobs all turn smoothly.

Incredibly versatile. Each model sounds different, and each version of the model sounds great, and they are all useable.

Effects are good.

Controls are very easy to use, and are intuitive. Just twist and go.

The amph came triple boxed from AMS. It survived the trip well, methinks.

I can't wait to restring my Strat and plug into the FUSE software. This little sucker is very tweakable as it stands. I can't imagine what "deep editing" is gonna be like.

One complaint.

From the demonstration that my local tech gave me, I think you will be able to dial in the Bassman and set up your own preset with everything you want and save it. One of the things I noticed as well was that if you change a setting on the amp while using the fuse software it adjusts the level on the amp controls on the computer. It is completely interactive.
I think this product will be raved about in the future. And the price is a freakin steal!

sunvalleylaw
February 15th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Congrats Kat!

Lev
February 16th, 2011, 04:35 AM
The big brothers!!
bdwD03ZF5zM

Katastrophe
February 16th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Update: I've downloaded FUSE and Abelton Live Lite. I should have a little time tomorrow to check it all out and see how it works. Baby Kat cranked the master volume on the amph this morning, and the amph really opened up at all volume levels. It keeps sounding better and better the more I play it.

I'll try to get a clip up tomorrow!

@Lev: I love the sounds of the bigger amphs, even though the modelling is the same as their smaller siblings. Chappers is a laugh riot to watch on his vids.