PDA

View Full Version : New Whitesnake song

Spudman
February 15th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Sounds very similar to every other Whitesnake song for years past - but it's still better than 95% of the other crap out there. New album "Forevermore" comes out March 29, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOwd30wXc-0

Interview with the band http://www.whitesnake.com/index-setyoufree.asp

A few USA tour dates early this year
http://www.whitesnake.com/index-setyoufree.asp#

Whitesnake Tour Schedule 2011

Dates will be added as they become available

14 May 2011
Columbia, MD, USA
M3 Festival - Merriweather

20 May 2011
Biloxi, MS, USA
Hard Rock Biloxi

27 May 2011
Pryor, Oklahoma
Rocklahoma

marnold
March 7th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Clips of the whole album are available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Forevermore-Bonus-Edition/dp/B004P52NP6/ref=sr_shvl_album_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1299544082&sr=301-5

stingx
March 7th, 2011, 06:54 PM
I think the new album rocks.

NWBasser
March 8th, 2011, 11:18 AM
80's metal like Whitesnake is something of a wasteland for bass guitar. And so it was with great surprise that I discovered a Youtube video of Uriah Duffy showing that he is actually a killer player. I never would have guessed.

At any rate, the genre has no appeal to me due to the general lack of bass guitar in most of the tunes. GnR being something of an exception there.

duhvoodooman
March 8th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Coverdale is getting pretty craggy lookin', huh? Gettin' some of that Keef stuff going on, facially. His pipes still seem to be working fine, though. I like Doug Aldrich's playing a lot. He's got a nice fluid style, very melodic.

marnold
March 8th, 2011, 02:07 PM
80's metal like Whitesnake is something of a wasteland for bass guitar. And so it was with great surprise that I discovered a Youtube video of Uriah Duffy showing that he is actually a killer player. I never would have guessed.

At any rate, the genre has no appeal to me due to the general lack of bass guitar in most of the tunes. GnR being something of an exception there.
In general you are probably correct. There are obvious exceptions, like Steve Harris. Part of the problem is usually the mix. There's some sweet bass playing at the end of "Still of the Night," but you can't hear it without liberal help from a graphic EQ. Similarly, Michael Anthony generally was the only person in Van Halen who knew where the beat was, but in most of their albums, his playing is mixed to the point of being indistinguishable.

NWBasser
March 8th, 2011, 04:51 PM
In general you are probably correct. There are obvious exceptions, like Steve Harris. Part of the problem is usually the mix. There's some sweet bass playing at the end of "Still of the Night," but you can't hear it without liberal help from a graphic EQ. Similarly, Michael Anthony generally was the only person in Van Halen who knew where the beat was, but in most of their albums, his playing is mixed to the point of being indistinguishable.

Given how far back the bass is typically mixed with this genre of music (excepting Iron Maiden and GngR), it's sort of superflous to even have a bass player in those bands.

Do a Youtube search of Uriah Duffy though, whoa what a bada$$ player. The dude can play fast, but with a serious groove too. It seems a shame to bury such a talented musician in the mix.

stingx
March 8th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Coverdale is getting pretty craggy lookin', huh? Gettin' some of that Keef stuff going on, facially. His pipes still seem to be working fine, though. I like Doug Aldrich's playing a lot. He's got a nice fluid style, very melodic.

In all fairness he's 59 but I do know people his age that look much better. Prolly the lifestyle more than genetics...

marnold
March 9th, 2011, 07:56 AM
In all fairness he's 59 but I do know people his age that look much better. Prolly the lifestyle more than genetics...

Yeah, 59 in rock star years is, what, 207 in normal human years?

Monkus
March 9th, 2011, 08:24 AM
great to see them up and about again, who woulda thunk? These guys are a part of my life's soundtrack, harmonic solo and all !! sweet!