PDA

View Full Version : New video camera coming - HVX200P

Robert
February 18th, 2011, 11:50 AM
I have been looking and thinking for a long time now about a better video camera for my guitar lesson videos. Finally made a move!

I bought a used Panasonic HVX200P (got a great deal), which is in a different league than my current little camcorder. I am very excited about this. This means I can work faster, since the camera is better suited to what I do. It has 2 XLR inputs and the file format is better and will transfer faster to my video editor.

In short, I'm EXCITED! It should be here mid next week.

So, better looking videos coming to your web browser soon. :drool

bcdon
February 18th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Can't wait to see the outcome. Your videos are awesome already so this improved gear can only make them that much better. :dude

Robert
February 18th, 2011, 05:27 PM
I am not sure how much better the videos will look - I guess you will find out soon enough. The main thing is I can work faster and be more productive, plus have a lot more options for tweaking footage and audio.

It looks like this -

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/magazine_panasonic_ag-hvx200/pic2.jpg

Spudman
February 18th, 2011, 11:42 PM
That is really sweet! Kind of like a space ship sort of sweet, but sweet looking nonetheless. What are you going to do with the old camera?