PDA

View Full Version : JV Squier Strat big bucks

ZMAN
February 20th, 2011, 10:53 AM
I was cruising through our local buy/sell Kijiji and I ran across a JV Squier for sale for
750 bucks firm. I know they are rare but I really can't see them going for that much.
There was an E series as wll for 300 MIJ. I know the JV series is the standard that all Squiers are compared to, and I know guys who have both the JVs and the New CVs and they say the CVs are pretty close.
I am just surprised that the JVs are getting that high.

Spudman
February 20th, 2011, 01:19 PM
JVs are the Holy Grail of Japanese made Fenders/Squiers. And yes they always do command those types of prices. Too bad they do because I wouldn't mind having one myself.

markb
February 20th, 2011, 04:41 PM
They usually sell for about 400GBP in the UK so that sounds normal. My JV Squier was probably the nicest strat I've ever owned and that list runs to nearly a dozen. It got sold to pay an excessive electricity bill in 1990 :(

ZMAN
February 20th, 2011, 04:50 PM
I did another search and it looks as if it sold in just hours. The only ones left were two Squier JV P Bass guitars one for 700 and another for 900. Wow
I can't imagine back then looking at one in a store and picking it up to play. I bet it was the same feeling I got with my CV50s Strat.

Jimi75
February 21st, 2011, 05:39 AM
A good friend of mine has got one. It's got a real chunky neck and fat sound. The bridge hb has been replaced with a JB Junior. It's an awesome guitar and I think the prices are pretty much what this guitar is worth. Please don't forget that the JVs of that time were better than the actual American Fenders.

Jimi75
February 21st, 2011, 05:42 AM
I did another search and it looks as if it sold in just hours. The only ones left were two Squier JV P Bass guitars one for 700 and another for 900. Wow
I can't imagine back then looking at one in a store and picking it up to play. I bet it was the same feeling I got with my CV50s Strat.

To be honest. The JV is far ahead of the CV, although the CV is a very good guitar. I had a JV Tele and man, do I miss it....

ZMAN
February 21st, 2011, 07:17 AM
The last one I saw in the area sold in the 450 range. To see them at 750 in this economy and selling so quickely just seems crazy.
I know they are good guitars, and collectors items.