PDA

View Full Version : telenoodling

helliott
February 21st, 2011, 09:02 PM

Man, I really missed this thing up start to finish. Here is a clean version, no download required, volume adjusted. I am such a techno idiot.

http://www.box.net/shared/uacjsxt4j6

Not sure where the backing track came from, but this is a tele through vox tone lab into a boss 1200 recorder.
http://www.box.net/shared/314siaxui9

just noticed the volume is very low on post, don't know why. Apologies

Eric
February 21st, 2011, 09:53 PM
Nice stuff. You play really well.

Spudman
February 21st, 2011, 10:14 PM
Can you go back to box.net and select "share" for this file so we don't have to download it? That way we can stream it on the forum. I want to listen to it, I just don't want more stuff on my puter.

helliott
February 22nd, 2011, 10:12 AM
For some reason it's only giving me the download option. Not sure why but I will work on it tonight. Sorry.

Tig
February 22nd, 2011, 10:39 AM
Hey, that sounds really good! Excellent playing, and man, that is pure Tele tone!

Eric
February 22nd, 2011, 11:25 AM
For some reason it's only giving me the download option. Not sure why but I will work on it tonight. Sorry.
I think box.net might only allow previews for mp3s. I accidentally put a .ogg up once and it was download-only. Doesn't take too long to download, however.

pictoratus
February 22nd, 2011, 07:32 PM
I agree with Tig, nice Tele tone and great playing also.

helliott
February 22nd, 2011, 07:52 PM
Sorry for the inconvenience. Think I figured out the technical issues at hand. Here is a different version, volume fixed and should be listenable without downloading.

http://www.box.net/shared/uacjsxt4j6

Jipes
February 23rd, 2011, 07:28 AM
Liked it, a nice groovy solo and a good twang telecaster:dude

Tig
February 23rd, 2011, 09:45 AM
Here is a different version, volume fixed and should be listenable without downloading.

That works and the volume is good. It sounds even better now.
I take it you played the Baja Tele. I'm still really GASin' for one.

NWBasser
February 23rd, 2011, 01:53 PM
Oh wow!

That's a very nice groove going on!

Excellent playing with perfect phrasing.

That one's a treat to listen to. Just very enjoyable to the ears.

It sounds like something I'd have on regular rotation in my iPod.

Spudman
February 23rd, 2011, 02:04 PM
Very nice fat sounding pickup. Thanks for making the track available.

Duffy
February 23rd, 2011, 04:04 PM
Who ever is playing that lead really sounds good. Was that you playing that really twangy lead? Sort of a contrified Allman Brothers sound.

helliott
February 23rd, 2011, 04:30 PM
Thanks for listening. Yep, the lead is me. Baha Tele through
Vox Tone Lab.

pictoratus
February 23rd, 2011, 07:15 PM
Much better! I'm hearing things I didn't notice the first go round.

Commodore 64
February 24th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Awesome. I agree it had an Allman B. flavor to it.

Man I suck.

helliott
February 24th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Thanks guys. Tig, that Tele is as sweet as it sounds, and I got a really good deal on it too. The extra tone options that come with the wiring upgrade make it very versatile although I still need the Strat for harder rock blues stuff. But the Tele is also a very nice guitar to play, the way it hangs, the action and the neck all add up to a sweet ride. I do recommend it if you can find one for a good price.

NWBasser
February 24th, 2011, 06:37 PM
It sounds to me like a lot of that cool tone is coming more from the player than the equipment! :-)

You know, "tone is in the hands" and all that stuff.