PDA

View Full Version : Hendrix Major Chord Technique

Robert
February 25th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Jimi Hendrix style major chords - this is fun! Jimi was a master at embellishing chords, and in this lesson, we will learn a few of these techniques. Jimi used a lot variation and creativity as well as great technique, when he played this way. Take this concept further if you can - use hammer-ons and pull-offs and slides and what not, to further enhance your chording options.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR7SKgPNyZs

tjcurtin1
February 25th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Very nice, Robert, thanks! I love that chord sound/technique so it's nice to see how it's done.

Tig
February 25th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Excellent lesson, Robert. The new camera looks great even at full screen.

sunvalleylaw
February 25th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Very nice! I am going to start using that technique right away in the songs I am learning with my new jam group.

stingx
February 25th, 2011, 03:22 PM
I saw this earlier when it popped up of FB. Love the new camera, Robert. The lesson was spot on and I like how you presented it.

Robert
February 25th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Gracias a mis amigos! :D

kidsmoke
February 25th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Dig the camera, great lesson, with lots of ways to adapt it. But I was wondering if I could get you to write a note to my girlfriend, excusing me from work for the day. She wants to know why I didn't get anything done around the house. (Yes really, I got nothing done, except LOTS of practicing)

jasongins
February 26th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Another awesome lesson! You've really raised the bar with your recent video reviews and lessons. Thank you.

Robert
March 5th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Thanks again. Tio, here's the note.

Please do not let Tio go to work until he cleans his room!

marnold
March 5th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Simple technique that sounds really cool. Since you are playing the chords as barres, you can use the barre for some hammer-ons and pull offs too in a similar fashion.

Jipes
March 5th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Great lesson Robert as usual nicely demonstrated and clearly shown, I love the black background which helps a lot to get a better definition on the guitar neck :rockya

I was actually working on Lenny demonstrated by Stevie Snacks and it features some of the Hendrix signature licks