PDA

View Full Version : Jimmie Vaughan Strat video demo

Jimi75
February 26th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Made a video demo of my Jimmie Vaughan signature Stratocaster.
Sorry for the frame, my isight cam filmed in a bigger frame, but somehow the clip was retrimmed or so. I think it's okay anyway, at least it will make people use their ears :-)

I hope you'll enjoy :)

n1266XIC9Sg

marnold
February 26th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Sounds really nice, Jimi. What amph did you use?

Jimi75
February 27th, 2011, 03:02 AM
Sounds really nice, Jimi. What amph did you use?

Thanks Marnold,
I have used Line6's gearbox software - the jumped Marshall model.

progrmr
February 27th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Great playing! Love the sound on that strat.

Tig
February 27th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Very sweet Strat tones, and the playing is beautiful!

ET335
February 27th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Very nice Jimi....Great tones!

Jipes
February 28th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Your strat sounds really rich and full of nice tones :applause:thumbsup Great playing and very Hendrix like I love it !

As I can see I'm not the only one who looks at the camera like a serial Killer while playing his guitar :rollover

Jimi75
February 28th, 2011, 08:06 AM
As I can see I'm not the only one who looks at the camera like a serial Killer while playing his guitar :rollover

Dark hair, dark eyes, concentrated playing = EVIL LOOKS ;-) Hahahahahaha...

stingx
March 1st, 2011, 01:41 PM
Great video, Jimi. I have gearbox too and I think it's just another piece of great kit offered by Line 6. Since you need a Line 6 device connected, did you use a tone port or older Pod?

Jimi75
March 1st, 2011, 02:03 PM
Great video, Jimi. I have gearbox too and I think it's just another piece of great kit offered by Line 6. Since you need a Line 6 device connected, did you use a tone port or older Pod?

I use a Toneport UX1, for all of my recordings.

helliott
March 2nd, 2011, 03:54 PM
Great tone and playing, as usual, Jimi.

sunvalleylaw
March 2nd, 2011, 10:37 PM
Nice Jimi! I love those sounds, and really enjoy the note choices over the chords. Some of the passing notes reminded me of where Knopfler goes in a few songs. I hope to search out those notes in my own phrases as I love the mood created.

Bloozcat
March 8th, 2011, 08:30 AM
:applause:thumbsup

Nice work, Jimi!

I've always thought the Jimmie Vaughn Strat to be the best deal in the whole Fender line. It sounds even better with the pickup change.

Thanks for sharing that, I enjoyed it.

BTW, where did you learn to speak English so well? You speak English better than many of the people with whom I speak on a daily basis...and English is there first and only language!

Tig
March 8th, 2011, 08:40 AM
BTW, where did you learn to speak English so well? You speak English better than many of the people with whom I speak on a daily basis...and English is there first and only language!

He certainly didn't learn English here in the US then! I remember a man from the an Arabian country that worked in my previous job that learned "English" from Louisiana oil rig workers. Every other word he spoke was the F-bomb, and much of the rest was Creole Cajun slang. I think it was the strangest linguistics I've heard in my life!

Jimi, Robert, and Dee really do speak excellent English from what their videos reveal.

Jimi75
March 8th, 2011, 08:45 AM
:applause:thumbsup

Nice work, Jimi!

I've always thought the Jimmie Vaughn Strat to be the best deal in the whole Fender line. It sounds even better with the pickup change.

Thanks for sharing that, I enjoyed it.

Thanks Blooz. Yeah the Jimmie Vaughan is a great deal, if not the best in the whole Fender range. There's a lot of musicians that think so, too. But exchanging the pick ups is a real MUST in my eyes. I understand that the Tex Mex pus are Jimmies taste, but most poeple have problems getting good sound with them. I still remember the first notes I played on my Jimmie Strat after replacing the pus and I was blown away by the difference it made. But this does not mean that the guitar sounds depends entirely on the pu choice. The Jimmie Vaughan is extremely well built and shaped! The wood on my guitar is highly resonant. By the way, my English is plain and simple English you learn in school here in Germany.

Robert
March 8th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Nice, Jimi! I always enjoy hearing you play. :)

Jimi75
March 8th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Nice, Jimi! I always enjoy hearing you play. :)

Thank you Robert :-)

guitarhack
March 8th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Great tones, Jimi. Thanks for the demo. Well done.

marnold
March 8th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Yeah, it seems like non-native-English-speaking European countries are more serious about teaching English than we are in the United States. I am forever correcting grammar in what is supposed to be a religious course. I'll teach them how to use adverbs if it kills me, and it just might. I've asked a local bank (spelling error) and middle school (grammar from Hades) to change their signs to make them actual English. The middle school one is particularly unforgivable.

If you ever want to watch my wife flip out, ask her about signs that advertise something costing ".99 cents." I keep telling her that she should pay a penny and ask for change.

Lest I hijack the thread further, I still like the playing, Jimi :)

Bloozcat
March 8th, 2011, 02:59 PM
By the way, my English is plain and simple English you learn in school here in Germany.

My compliments to your teachers, then. It's rare that someone ever becomes fluent in a language learned in the public school systems here. Case in point: My niece studied Spanish 4-years in public school and 2-years in college. By her own admission it wasn't until she had immersed herself in Spanish because of a job she had where she only dealt with native Spanish speakers that she finally became fluent in the language. She said that she had a lot of difficulty communicating the first few weeks on the job. And, she's very bright in addition to being a very quick learner (Honors student, full scholarship through her Masters).

I know just enough Spanish and French to get myself into trouble! :thwap

stingx
March 8th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Jimi, I have so far kept the stock Tex-Mex pickups in my JV. I have them lower than usual, esp. the bridge pickup. I have been flirting with the idea of a preloaded pickguard though more and more. I'd like to go with DiMarzio Virtual Vintage pups. I had those in my old Lone Star and they sounded fantastic and had no hum.

I agree with your comments about the JV. Of all the Strats I have had and played, the JV felt the best in my hands. I've recently sold all my other Strats and just kept the JV.

Lachy
March 9th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Very nice stuff Jimi......I'd like to be able to play and look at the camera as well but multitasking is not my strong point. Really like the sound your getting too!