PDA

View Full Version : Randy Rhodes e-book/CD

Hogfullofblues
November 9th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes.
I've been cruisin e-bay looking for a Podxt, bid on a few, but these things used are going for not much less than the best priced new "buy it now" ones. So I call my hyper salesman Mike at Guitar Center, he remembers me, and quotes me a price to good to be true. So I am out the door.
When I get there, Mike is in the "classics" room with a big guy and his kid, flailing away on a Bassman reissue, waves me in, and introduces me to Bob. So Bob buys the amp and as we're BSing, tells me he took guitar lessons from Randy Rhodes in 1979 for a year. He kept all the hand written lessons from Randy, and now is offering them as an e-book or CD and this has been written up in the current Guitar World issue. So after he leaves, Mike rips open a fresh GW mag, and sure enough, there is the story. Bob said something about transcribing the original hand written lessons into something more readable with explanations, but I'm not clear on whether that has been done or not yet. Anyway, here is a link to Bob's site.

http://www.rhoadscholar.com/

Sound like a very cool piece of history and maybe some insight into a guitar virtuoso, especially for the Randy Rhodes fans out there.