PDA

View Full Version : Mesa OH Mesa

MAXIFUNK
March 1st, 2011, 05:20 PM
Did Gibson buy MESA-BOOGIE? :thwap

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/search.php?s=ta-30

I KNEW it was not going to be cheap but boy oh boy these suckers are priced for the PRS/GIBSON crowd for sure. But sure does not stop me from wanting that 2x12 combo.

Eric
March 1st, 2011, 05:29 PM
Mesa Boogie has never really been a cheap company that I know of. I guess it's expensive, but not surprising IMO.

MAXIFUNK
March 1st, 2011, 06:19 PM
Mesa Boogie has never really been a cheap company that I know of. I guess it's expensive, but not surprising IMO.

I know I know if I was not gassing for it so bad it would not bother me.
But the price for that head is more than what I paid for my M9 Carbine by quite a few Benjamin Franklin's and then some.

oldguy
March 1st, 2011, 06:58 PM
I know I know if I was not gassing for it so bad it would not bother me.
But the price for that head is more than what I paid for my M9 Carbine by quite a few Benjamin Franklin's and then some.

Maxi, is that a U.S. built handwired PTP amp?

If it is, that's not too outlandish.
If it's built offshore with a circuitboard......:thwap

bcdon
March 1st, 2011, 07:12 PM
Mesa is expensive, however, they do make really nice amphs that are built like tanks.

MAXIFUNK
March 1st, 2011, 11:18 PM
maxi, is that a u.s. Built handwired ptp amp?

If it is, that's not too outlandish.
If it's built offshore with a circuitboard......:thwap

yes usa made!!!!

MAXIFUNK
March 1st, 2011, 11:27 PM
Mesa is expensive, however, they do make really nice amphs that are built like tanks.

cosign!

FrankenFretter
March 2nd, 2011, 07:57 AM

^There is a gentleman that would know. They probably sound pretty nice too, eh Don?

bcdon
March 2nd, 2011, 11:24 AM
Yep. It was way more than I wanted to spend but I have zero regrets. I love my boogie! :dude

Tig
March 2nd, 2011, 11:36 AM
I'd be beyond happy with the TA-15.
Right, DVM?

duhvoodooman
March 2nd, 2011, 01:12 PM
Yeah, Mesa Boogie doesn't exactly give their stuff away. OTOH, their engineering and product quality is top-shelf. I dropped $900 on my Transatlantic TA-15 head, and I gotta say it's worth every penny of that.

helliott
March 2nd, 2011, 03:57 PM
Yep, they're not cheap. But I've been playing Mesa's for a while for live gigging, and wouldn't trade for anything. They're tough as nails, versatile, and they sound great, at least the clean channels (not that wild about the drive channel). I swear by my Lone Star Special for the kind of music I play.

bcdon
March 2nd, 2011, 04:55 PM
More Mesa goodness here: http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php/17694-Mesa-Boogie-Mark-V-In-depth-review

bcdon
March 17th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Don at Haggerty's Music has another great boogie demo, this time the Transatlantic 30.
1lzhO0z2TBo

MAXIFUNK
March 18th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Don at Haggerty's Music has another great boogie demo, this time the Transatlantic 30.
1lzhO0z2TBo

BOY that amp sound really good!!!!!!