PDA

View Full Version : New Cover: Hallowed Be Thy Name

Rockermann
March 2nd, 2011, 07:43 AM
Hey folks,

We're wrapping up a new cover we'd like to get some feedback on. This one not only stars DeeAa on vocals, but also on rhythm guitar. And on this song, that's not an easy task at all. The whole song was certainly a challenge. The song is called "Hallowed Be Thy Name" and is originally by Iron Maiden. It's in the 'Metal' genre. Check it out and let us know what you think:

http://soundcloud.com/project-43/hallowed-by-thy-name

Thanks in advance for taking the time to listen and comment!

Weshunter
March 2nd, 2011, 07:48 AM
bad ***!!! it makes me want to do jump spilts off my couch

Weshunter
March 2nd, 2011, 07:53 AM
seriously, that is freaking awesome.

Rockermann
March 2nd, 2011, 07:53 AM
LOL! I think that's a good thing? :) Thanks for listening!

Jimi75
March 2nd, 2011, 08:04 AM
I knew that these vocals sounded familiar :-) You know, I have listened to that song about 1 million times when I was 14 years old, and this cover you made is freakin' good. The timing in the beginning is slightly off, but then it gets better. Other than that, nothing to complain. Enjoyed that version very much. 2 thumbs up!

Rockermann
March 2nd, 2011, 08:14 AM
Thanks, Jimi... That intro is a challenge for some reason on the timing. Even the original is pretty free flowing. We'll see what we can do to tighten it up a bit. Thanks for the comments!

deeaa
March 2nd, 2011, 09:12 AM
Yep, the timing on the original intro is slightly different, but that's because they've not done it to a common click at all, but played it live, following each other, and that's why it has a very organic feel and no exact timing...but, in a cover I think that's impossible to recreate, as we can't play it all together anyway...so, we rather did it to a fixed beat instead.

Commodore 64
March 2nd, 2011, 10:42 AM
Awesome. Just awesome. My only, tiny, little, niggle would be to master the cymbal so that it crashes louder at the beginning of every bar (like Clive Burr's original recording). I love that aspect of the song and I always miss it in Niko's drumming on that song even though I love Niko and think he's a fantastic drummer.

deeaa
March 2nd, 2011, 11:30 AM
Thanks - and I'm guessing that should be an easy fix in the mix, huh Steve? Maybe best consult Mika (the drummer) first, though.

Rockermann
March 2nd, 2011, 12:11 PM
Yeah, should be easy enough to adjust in the mix, but we better let Mika weigh in on the subject first. :)

helliott
March 2nd, 2011, 03:50 PM
Great cover guys. This really rocks.

Rockermann
March 2nd, 2011, 05:48 PM
Thanks, helliott! Glad you enjoyed!

marnold
March 3rd, 2011, 08:02 AM
Woah! Pretty sweet. Covering any Maiden song is non-trivial, especially when it comes to singing Bruce's melodies. Well done!

Rockermann
March 3rd, 2011, 08:54 AM
Thanks for listening and commenting, marnold. It certainly was a challenge on many levels, but we're already feeling rewarded from all the initial positive feedback. That makes it all worth it as I'm sure you know. :)

Lachy
March 7th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Good job Fellas, I liked it!

Rockermann
March 8th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Thanks, Lachy!! Glad you enjoyed.

stingx
March 10th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Great cover, Rockermann! There's not much to nit-pick here, it just kick ***. Very well done.

Rockermann
March 10th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Thanks, stingx... We appreciate it. I have to admit, I think this is one of our better covers to date. I'm glad you liked it!