PDA

View Full Version : The Awesomeness of Paul Gilbert

bcdon
March 2nd, 2011, 10:23 PM
Paul Gilbert is such an amazing and versatile guitar player.

1ZfOrCJThWo

iKajVuByH4U

koD1_N0SEWw

Eric
March 3rd, 2011, 07:55 AM
I just saw him on Monday in NYC, playing in Yellow Matter Custard. He had some semi-hollow Ibanez and tore it up as usual.

His extended solo on Paperback Writer was probably the highlight of the evening for me, but his back-and-forth with Neal Morse on The End was also pretty sweet.

Paul's probably tied with Andy Timmons for my favorite shredder-esque guitarist.

Spudman
March 3rd, 2011, 10:12 AM
No shortage of respect for Paul here.

Lev
March 3rd, 2011, 04:01 PM
It's a bit of a guilty pleasure but the intro to Green Tinted Sixties Mind is one of my favorite guitar licks of all time. It's a lick that I attempt to play nearly everytime I pick up the guitar but I never manage to pull it off properly. PG is an amazing talent.

bcdon
March 3rd, 2011, 06:13 PM
It's a bit of a guilty pleasure but the intro to Green Tinted Sixties Mind is one of my favorite guitar licks of all time. It's a lick that I attempt to play nearly everytime I pick up the guitar but I never manage to pull it off properly. PG is an amazing talent.

Nothing to be guilty about there, my friend! :dude

NtrmwzIyaMU

marnold
March 3rd, 2011, 06:36 PM
He's really an interesting guy to read an interview about. Some of the Mr. Big stuff is poppier than I prefer, but his chops are ginormous. The Racer X stuff is crazy. He's an underrated rhythm player too.

bcdon
March 3rd, 2011, 06:52 PM
He's really an interesting guy to read an interview about. Some of the Mr. Big stuff is poppier than I prefer, but his chops are ginormous. The Racer X stuff is crazy. He's an underrated rhythm player too.

I agree about the pop-sounding Mr. Big, and I'm more of a Racer X guy, and Fuzz Universe too! Great album, check out those sweet pick squeals. :-)

e3zI-WwrtcA

marnold
March 3rd, 2011, 07:48 PM
That track sounds great. I'm going to have to check out that album.