PDA

View Full Version : Jason Becker The Movie

Jimi75
March 4th, 2011, 08:51 AM
This guy is so mindblowing and his fate is so tragic. I have to watch this movie and I suppose you all do yourself a big favour watching it, too.

Here's the trailer - by the way, for those who don't know, Jason might be the most talented guitar player of the last 25 years:

http://www.jasonbeckermovie.com/

marnold
March 4th, 2011, 11:19 AM
I knew that they were working on that, but I didn't know the status. He was one of THE shredders back in the day.

Think of him the next time you feel like *****ing about how your day is going . . .

groverj3
March 4th, 2011, 11:20 AM
One of the guitar teachers I had got me into his music quite a while ago. Heard about this the other day via facebook page. Can't wait to watch it, he probably is one of the most impressive players I've ever heard. Not just shredding ability, but a true musician and composer as well. Anyone who enjoys this kind of stuff should check out his solo album Perpetual Burn, insane soloing. Also, he worked with Marty Friedman in Cacophony. If you aren't a fan of the "shred" genre it probably won't convert you, its not for everyone, but if you enjoy that sort of thing... very impressive stuff!

Katastrophe
March 4th, 2011, 03:05 PM
I will be watching this movie when it comes out. Thanks for posting, Jimi!

Here's an example of Jason's playing. There is a lot of speed there, but tons of feeling, too.

1wFoSbjXB68

Spudman
March 6th, 2011, 02:44 PM
I really want to see this...but I know I'll be crying at some point.

Pickngrin
March 10th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Wow. I had heard of him before, but never knew anything about him. Sounds like an incredible and tragic story.