PDA

View Full Version : Andy Timmons

Spudman
November 11th, 2006, 02:15 PM
If you are familiar with Andy Timmons then you will like to know that he has a new album out called "Resolution." It's an all instrumental album that oozes wonderful crunchy and smooth toneful sounds along with some of his fabulous chicken pickin'.
Andy is in the league of Vai, Johnson or Satriani, but may be a tad more palatable for some and maybe a better all around player.

Those of you not familiar might enjoy checking out his web site. I have included a link to the video section so that you can see the man tear it up. http://www.andytimmons.com/video.php There are a few concert video's and lessons on youtube.com as well. The bonus track on Resoultion is called "Headed For The Ditch." An amazing piece of chicken pickin technique and tone. You can watch the actual recording of it on the video page #3.
Songs from the album can be listened to or downloaded here. http://www.andytimmons.com/music-resolution.php

Andy has his own signature series electric guitar courtesy of Ibanez. The requisite for getting you own signature guitar is that you can't suck. Meaning Andy qualifies for the guitar.

For fans of amazing instrumental guitar playing this album will not disappoint.

SuperSwede
November 12th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Thanks spud, its added to the "must buy sticker". I really liked the title track, very sophisticated sound!

Nelskie
November 12th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Andy has his own signature series electric guitar courtesy of Ibanez. The requisite for getting you own signature guitar is that you can't suck. Meaning Andy qualifies for the guitar . . .
Andy also endorses Mesa / Boogie amplifiers. I saw a two-page ad spread in last month's GP with him & two of MB's newest models. Groovemeisters Carlos Santana and Warren Haynes, and now Timmons, are among MB's more prominent player / spokesmen. Carlos and Warren don't suck, either. ;)

abraxas
November 13th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Yep, already got the album and it totally ROCKS!!

I have even made an mp3 ringtone of "Deliver Us" for my mobile phone!

Andy has SUPERB tone on this album

Riley
November 13th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Yup I love Andy's works! He rips. So tasty and melodic, and a range from shred to blues to jazzy and chicken pickin. His signature guitar is awesome. :)

duhvoodooman
November 17th, 2006, 05:20 AM
Yikes!! That Headed for the Ditch clip is just plain SCARY!! :eek: I swear, every time I think I'm improving a little bit, I go and watch something like that and get a whole plate full of reality. There are some just unbelievably talented players out there! Definitely gotta check this guy out closer. Plus, y'all know how much I like guitar players from Texas! ;) :DR