PDA

View Full Version : 21 Grams

Robert
March 6th, 2011, 12:17 AM
Saw this movie tonight, and I must say I like it a lot. Sean Penn, Naomi Watts, Benicio Del Toro are all giving very strong performances.

The style of storytelling is unusual, but very interesting. You are thrown back and forth in time as you watch the story unfold.

Sad story, but gripping.

I give it an 8 out of 10.

Spudman
March 6th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Glad to hear you liked it. I thought it was pretty thought provoking and liked it as well.

Have you seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? Or Jacob's Ladder?

Robert
March 6th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I haven't seen Spotless Mind but I did like Jacobs Ladder.

Jimi75
March 18th, 2011, 02:28 AM
I have seen it some years ago and now that you posted about this movie I rewatched it yesterday on my way back home from Paris. You now, Benicio is not my favourite kind of actor, to me he fits only few movies, but this one is perfect for him. Also Sean Penn was more than convincing, I really bought his role. The way of telling the story with all the backward and forward jumping reminded me of movies such as Magnolia and Memento. 21 Grams is a one of the few Jewels among todays mass productions. If you wanna see another great movie, go watch the movie "Bella" with Eduardo Verastegui. It's an emotionally very deep movie and one of my all time faves.

Tig
April 2nd, 2011, 03:30 AM
I need to see this movie. Sean Penn has become quite convincing in his rolls from this movie onward.

I just watched Fair Game, and wow, what an inconvenient story for some. I'll leave it at that to avoid getting political. Penn and Naomi Watts bring it home with powerful acting.