PDA

View Full Version : Former AIC Bassist Mike Starr passes away.

sunvalleylaw
March 8th, 2011, 05:58 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/08/mike-starr-alice-in-chains-bassist-celebrity-rehab-dead-salt-lake-city-utah-felony-possession-painkiller/

Appears he succumbed to his addictions. Too bad. I really like Alice in Chain's sound, both early when Mike was with them, and later. It is so sad that drugs have been taken so much from the band.

NWBasser
March 8th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Sad to lose another bass brother.

Spudman
March 8th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Only 44 yrs old. Tragic. See kids, that's what living in Utah can do to you.

FrankenFretter
March 8th, 2011, 08:18 PM
First Layne, now Mike. They're dropping like a jar of flies.

Spudman
March 8th, 2011, 09:48 PM
First Layne, now Mike. They're dropping like a jar of flies.

That's...kind of funny.

It's really sad that the rock and roll life style takes such a toll on talented people.

stingx
March 8th, 2011, 09:53 PM
This is sad news. I'm not so sure it's totally the "life style" although if one is predisposed to such vices the lifestyle can only amplify it.

Eric
March 8th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Huh. I didn't know he was around for Dirt -- I think that Mike Inez guy has been their bassist for as long as I've been paying attention to them...which apparently was after Dirt came out. When I saw them last year, I swear Mike Inez's bass must have been taller than he was. Not a big dude.

Back to the story at hand, that's sad. Stupid drugs.

Jimi75
March 9th, 2011, 04:40 AM
Sad news.

Katastrophe
March 9th, 2011, 11:33 AM
I saw him on Celebrity Rehab. Of course, with the way they edit "reality" shows, it's hard to get a sense of what someone is really like, but he had some serious addiction and personality issues to work through. It's always a sad thing when the demons win.

RIP, Mike.