PDA

View Full Version : Made a backing track to share here!

kerc
November 12th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Enjoying the fact that now I have a bass guitar, I took a two month old drum track I had made and added some improvised bass lines. I hope you guys like it!

:DR

http://cyberjammin.com/uploads/Cyberjams/kerc_backingtrack.mp3

aeolian
November 13th, 2006, 01:39 PM
kerc, thanks for putting this up. It sounds good. If I manage to find some time I may try to play something over it.

aeolian

Justaguyin_nc
November 13th, 2006, 06:26 PM
I hope you guys like it!

:DR

Ummm be careful Kerc... no telling who will get ahold of these backings and make fools of themselves... ok.. here is my foolish fun with the backing..:)

:R

Hey, I do this so others sound better!!! :) and to pass time... took all of 5 minutes..and it shows..heh.. I would assume at a jam session this is what would happen anyways right? Just doodle the noodle and enjoy the crime..

kerc
November 13th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Spacey! :D I dig your take on this track!

Justaguyin_nc
November 14th, 2006, 10:22 AM
haha... thanks Kerc.. Ya know I missed out when young doing all the jamming in the basements and garage... so I figure I will try to catch up now even at this age...:) That's why videos like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gudr7FZdpiE (kids smoke me big time!!) seem to be the best type.. they are really enjoying themselves.. I try to do the same.. no matter how it sounds..:)

kerc
November 14th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Here's my try on this...Lotsa clams but what the heck. :D One take! This was done with the First Act ME501, bridge pickup, thru the Fat Boy Fuzz, on to the Amptramp amplifier, recorded with a kinda cheapie RS directional mic.

http://users.bivapr.net/jkercado/kerc_backingtrack_kerc.mp3

ted s
November 14th, 2006, 07:51 PM
sounds good, but someones gotta tell me what clams are ?

kerc
November 14th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Clams = errors, mistakes, goofs. :D I make plenty o' dem!

Justaguyin_nc
November 15th, 2006, 12:40 AM
Way to go Kerc... enjoyed it.. What the heck is a fatboy Fuzz? googled it with no results.. just a bunch of fat boys... how does it compare soundwise with say a fuzz face? same thing?

kerc
November 15th, 2006, 03:04 AM
Thanks! :R

The Fat Boy Fuzz is a low-production hand-made pedal (no longer made) similar to a FuzzFace, with true by pass. It has a very wide range of fuzz tones, from addind a little dirt, to full-on White Stripes-like distortion.

I bought it off a friend in another forum, and it together with my Amptramp, have become an integra part of my own sound.

By the way, I found by chance the builder of this pedal in this forum! Or better said, he found me. I forgot his nickname here, though...:o

Justaguyin_nc
November 15th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Thanks! :R

By the way, I found by chance the builder of this pedal in this forum! \

Well thats cool..we got a pedal builder right here? What other pedals have been made by him? :) Enjoyed the sound of the fuzz.. and who could it be? :confused:

kerc
November 15th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Found him! His nickname is, appropriately enough, Fatboy. :D