PDA

View Full Version : Good gig with horror start

Guitar-Chris
December 9th, 2005, 10:04 AM
So, we did the latest gig at the birthday party of our second guitarist (he reached the 50).

After the meal the dj was heating up the guests (Who the hell plays "We will rock you" at the beginning of an evening???), so we decided not to start with our standard opener ("throw down the sword" of Wishbone Ash), but with some faster number. I hit the strings for the first chord....zong, the d-string was broken. Perfect start :o I went on through the song on 5 strings.

Now the problem: I had 3 e-guitars with me but only one stage-western guitar with build in pickups. And on this the string was broken. So we decided to play one song on the e-guitar, and then we had a break in which the dj played one song. After changing the string all things went right. The guest found the "string thing" just funny and were happy with our songs. After 90 minutes we ended with giving our first autographs :cool:

So after all, we were happy after the gig...

Robert
December 9th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Haha, sounds like an interesting gig!

How are you liking your AD50VT for live gigging? I got great sounds out of it on the last country gig I did.

Guitar-Chris
December 10th, 2005, 03:51 AM
Haha, sounds like an interesting gig!

How are you liking your AD50VT for live gigging? I got great sounds out of it on the last country gig I did.

Yes, it was no problem with the Ad50VT. I setup Channel 1 for clean rhythm, and channel 2 with higher volume and gain, for crunchy rhythm or shorter solo licks. Manual is then set for the soli. I switch them with the footswitch. On the next gig I will try to vary the tone with my Bluesbreaker II pedal also.

Bevor I uses a Roland Jazz-Chorus with a Digitech GNX1 Multieffekt, but it was always a hassle with all these patches programms and effects. Sometimes less is more.

SuperSwede
December 10th, 2005, 01:05 PM
MMM.... Jazz Chorus 120 is a damn nice amp, best solidstate sound you can get!

Guitar-Chris
December 11th, 2005, 02:55 AM
MMM.... Jazz Chorus 120 is a damn nice amp, best solidstate sound you can get!

I had the JC - 50, which is the 120 in the mono ersion (1x12"). But you're right. The cleantone of that amp is great. But crunchy or overdriven sounds are problematic. So after playing it for 20 years, I decided to give it away. But it went to a good friend of mine. So if want to play it again, i have the chance.:o

At all, the AD50VT fits to me better in the moment.

SuperSwede
December 11th, 2005, 08:21 AM
I had the JC-120 (borrowed) a few years ago. The clean tones are fantastic but as you say, it does not sound that great when you use it for distorsion (it did however respond very nicely to my Marshall Bluesbreaker pedal).

Hmm, guess I hijacked your thread ;)

Guitar-Chris
December 11th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Hmm, guess I hijacked your thread ;)

No problem, talking about one broken string isn't that interesting ;)