PDA

View Full Version : Michael Kelly Patriot limited

progrmr
March 17th, 2011, 08:12 PM
I was trying out some MK Patriots Limited's with the EMG 81/85 the other day.

Have to admit they are heavy as boat anchors - there's somethings to like about a heavy guitar. I love the sustain and tone. Still, I think the weight is a negative.

That said they have a great price, got heavy EMG tone, string through body w/ stopbar. Everything I like in a single cut.

Anyone have one of these and can comment on the post-honeymoon period? I'm very tempted but not quite there yet. You likely or no likely??

Commodore 64
March 18th, 2011, 06:15 AM
I had a Patriot Q. It was a very, very nice instrument. Took a set-up really well (this was the first and only one I ever had set-up by a tech).

I never bonded with it...but probably should have kept it. I've since had a very, very nice Samick Artist Series LP clone. I didn't bond with that either.

I'm just "meh" on the whole LP type guitar deal I guess, which is not the instruments fault in either case.

Check this though: http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/msg/2260440075.html

Apple Creek is near Wooster. Might be worth a drive for ya. I gave it a thought too, but I'm not ready for Strike 3 on the LP style guitar just yet.

Duffy
March 18th, 2011, 08:40 AM
That white one looks like a great "project" guitar, 64. That won't be there long.

barber76
March 19th, 2011, 08:57 PM
I was trying out some MK Patriots Limited's with the EMG 81/85 the other day.

Have to admit they are heavy as boat anchors - there's somethings to like about a heavy guitar. I love the sustain and tone. Still, I think the weight is a negative.

That said they have a great price, got heavy EMG tone, string through body w/ stopbar. Everything I like in a single cut.

Anyone have one of these and can comment on the post-honeymoon period? I'm very tempted but not quite there yet. You likely or no likely??

I have Patriot Limited with passive Rockfields for 2.5 years and this is my number one. I'm so bond to it, that planning to spend $350 to refret it with SS medium-jumbo frets, although it's more than half of the guitar's price. Mine isn't too heavy, btw - about the weight of LP studio.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_Qo6UYXoBb0Q/SD4DJRYkw0I/AAAAAAAAACA/f7qQaT9y120/s640/P1020433.JPG

Commodore 64
March 20th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Beautiful guitar. That one I linked to on CL is down to $200 now.

Duffy
March 20th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Hey 64, that guitar sold already. I didn't think it would sit around long. I like my MK Patriot Custom and the weight isn't a problem but it is definitely HEAVY. Sometimes I like to play a heavy LP type guitar. Somebody got a definitely good deal.

Commodore 64
March 20th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Nah, it's still here: http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/msg/2274140330.html

Come on Programmer, go get it!

progrmr
March 20th, 2011, 03:42 PM
haha - it's tempting but I'm 90% sure my next one is a Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster or the Classic Player Jazzmaster.