PDA

View Full Version : Did I step into an alternate universe (unexpected music content)???

Katastrophe
March 17th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Get in the car to go grab some items from the store. Social Distortion was getting some airtime on the radio in a major market, on a "nonalternative" station.

I go in the store, expecting to hear some pop-synth drivel, and what's playing? The Ramones. "I Wanna Be Sedated."

It's these little moments of win that make life so darn cool!

Tig
March 18th, 2011, 12:51 AM
There is hope for the world!
I've heard the latest from SocialD on the radio, too. Its a great album and the band is long overdue for some broader popularity.

Houston has a non-Clear Channel station (http://www.1037online.com/)that is labeled "adult alternative" that has a better then average play list, including Ramones. A bit of the new as well as some stuff from the past. Most radio makes my ears clamp shut.

marnold
March 18th, 2011, 09:47 AM
I saw a Social Distortion video on CoolTV the other day. Having said that, I was surprised to find out who it was. I don't remember the title, but it was the poppiest pop-punk I've heard since Blink182 was put to sleep. I was thoroughly disappointed. I needed to listen to "Beat the Brat" as an antidote.