PDA

View Full Version : ZZ Top & Skynyrd comin' to Albany NY....

duhvoodooman
March 23rd, 2011, 01:14 PM
...and I grabbed two pretty good seats this morning in the Times Union Center pre-sale. I didn't even try for the "floor" seats--it's basically a sports arena, so the floor is dead flat. As soon as the music starts, everybody is on their feet, and you can't see s**t down there. But we're in the lower level arena seating, right up near the stage. Should be fun--I've never seen either of these two legendary bands, if you can believe it....

piebaldpython
March 23rd, 2011, 02:09 PM
Cool Vood. I hope they both are in the "mood" to play when you see them. I've heard that ZZ sometimes plays to the caricature that they've become and that would kill me to be there for that. The Good Rev can turn out some mean and nasty stuff and man, I hope that's what you see.

Who's even left from LS.......other than Gary Rossington? Isn't Allen Collins disabled? Billy Powell died recently.

duhvoodooman
March 23rd, 2011, 02:51 PM
Yep, Rossington is the only original member left. The rest are all dead (Collins, Powell, Wilkeson, R. Van Zandt) or long since departed (Ed King, Artimus Pyle). Rossington, Johnny Van Zandt and Rickey Medlocke are the core of the band now.

stingx
March 23rd, 2011, 06:48 PM
Ed King would love to play with them but is advised against touring by his doctor. The other members, when alive, wouldn't allow him to tour, respecting his doctor's wishes and out of concern for Ed's well being. Pyle had a falling out with the band years back when he got caught up in some underage sex charges and listed as a sex offender.

I think you'll have a great time, DVM. I saw them shortly before Powell died and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Katastrophe
March 23rd, 2011, 07:00 PM
Rickey Medlocke was a drummer in the band once, wasn't he?

Should be a great show! Congrats, DVM, and have some fun!

bigoldron
March 24th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Rickey Medlocke was a drummer in the band once, wasn't he?

Should be a great show! Congrats, DVM, and have some fun!

Yep. I believe he was their second drummer. He left to start Blackfoot. Skynyrd just doesn't give up, but once Rossington is gone, I just don't know if they'll keep going. I saw ZZ Top back in early 80's and they put on a great show!

DVM, I know you'll enjoy the show. I'm completely jealous....

I missed a chance to see LS not 30 miles from here a few years ago and hate that I did that! I missed the original Skynyrd back in April before the plane crash in October too. Just lucky I guess.... lol