PDA

View Full Version : Look who made SD's "Wall of Fame"!!!

duhvoodooman
November 13th, 2006, 08:07 PM
:D :D :D

Seymour Duncan "Wall of Fame" (http://seymourduncan.smugmug.com/gallery/971331/1/106926604)

Rabies
November 13th, 2006, 08:35 PM
That's awesome!! How did that happen, exactly?

ted s
November 13th, 2006, 08:40 PM
That is very cool DVM !. I'm looking at it thinking, "hey DVM did the same thing" then I read to the bottom.:rolleyes:

Spudman
November 13th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Congrats Voodoo. You put a lot of work into that guitar. You should be proud.

Tim
November 14th, 2006, 04:19 AM
A "Wall Famer". Congratulations DVM. You are now an official brick in Seymour’s Wall of Fame. Great looking guitar. I love the tone of my Washburn HB-30. There is something about a semi-hollow body guitar that leaves me speechless.

warren0728
November 14th, 2006, 06:08 AM
can i have your autograph?!! :D :DR

ww

duhvoodooman
November 14th, 2006, 07:45 AM
That's awesome!! How did that happen, exactly?
Well, it was pretty easy. The Seymour Duncan site encourages players who use their pickups to submit a guitar photo along with supporting information. They give you detailed instructions on exactly what to do, and I just followed them to the letter. I had looked through the Wall of Fame photos and noticed that there were plenty of non-fancy "working man's" guitars represented, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I figured they couldn't resist a shiny, red guitar with two SD p'ups and a bunch of fancy wiring, and I was right! :DR

Tone2TheBone
November 14th, 2006, 09:06 AM
That site is blocked on my PC. If I didn't have the stoopit net filter on here at werk I'd check it out. I'll congratulate you here though and then look at it from home. :)

SuperSwede
November 14th, 2006, 11:10 AM
That site is blocked on my PC. If I didn't have the stoopit net filter on here at werk I'd check it out. I'll congratulate you here though and then look at it from home. :)

I wonder why they had to block the Seymor Duncan website in your office computer T2TB :rolleyes:

Tone2TheBone
November 14th, 2006, 12:23 PM
I wonder why they had to block the Seymor Duncan website in your office computer T2TB :rolleyes:

Because it blocks personal network and web storage sites. The dot smugmug. Not Seymour Duncan.

Tim
November 14th, 2006, 02:03 PM
can i have your autograph?!! :D :DR

ww

You can have the autograph ... I'll take the guitar!

duhvoodooman
November 14th, 2006, 02:23 PM
I'll take the guitar!
Only when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers!! :mad: :DR

warren0728
November 14th, 2006, 02:26 PM
that's why i went for the autograph....i am a realist!! :D

ww

Tone2TheBone
November 14th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Voodoo - Saw the link from home. That is a nice guitar. I'd like to hear what your mods sounds like. Great job.

Nelskie
November 15th, 2006, 07:03 AM
I'd like to hear what your mods sounds like. Great job.
I believe DVM posted before / after clips of this guitar under the "mods" section of the forum - - unless they've since been removed.

duhvoodooman
November 15th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Actually, they're in a couple of threads in the Pickups forum. I think these posts predated the Mods forum:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=1201

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=1397

Iago
November 15th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Congrats DVM! GAS is hitting the door right now..

Tone2TheBone
November 15th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Oh cool thanks Nelskie and DVM. I don't always catch all posts so thanks for the links.

tremoloman
November 16th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Awesome work DVM! What a beauty! Man you guys inspire me every day to improve my playing. We've got to get a fret.net jam together someday... talk about a fun time! There must be a way we could conference in some of us together and play together. I'm gonna look into how this may be accomplished...

r_a_smith3530
November 16th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Wow DVM, all I can say is SCHWEEEEEET!!! Hey, that's one great lookin' axe too.

:R :R :R

Plank_Spanker
November 17th, 2006, 05:58 AM
DVM is our "one stop" resource for mods. If he can't do it, it can't be done. :D

ted s
November 17th, 2006, 03:40 PM
I would like to thanks DVM for posting his mod. info. It gave me a push to try it out on my Degas LP. I didn't do the full boat but did replace the hummers with splitable and a couple p/p pots. It sounds great !
Thanks DVM

kerc
November 17th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Cool, bro. Congrats! :D

duhvoodooman
November 17th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Thanks, one and all, for your kind comments. You guys give me way too much credit on the wiring mods, though. I just poke around on the web until I find something that looks interesting and then have at it with the ol' soldering iron. Still consider myself very much an amateur....but I sure have fun doing it! :DR