PDA

View Full Version : new kid on the block.

jcbass69
March 25th, 2011, 12:29 PM
I just joined.......so far it's great. I am located in Salt Lake City. I started playing in 1966 and currently play in a Classic Rock band. From 1979 thru 1981 I was lucky enough to Play in Chris Ledoux's road Band (Saddle Boogie) I left for family reasons. The Drummer I played with stayed with Chris until 1989 at which time Chris took our drummer and we took his, then He and Saddle Boogie parted ways and he hired Western Underground. (also from Salt Lake)
I own a 1979 Peavey T40, a 1982 P bass, a 2004 P bass, 2008 Jazz, a fretless and about 5 more. I play through a Gallien Kruger 1001rs and a Peavey cabinet with 2 15" Black Widows.
Anyway nice to type to you all.
Jcbass69 (Crop)

NWBasser
March 25th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Awesome to have you here!

Welcome to the board from another bottom-ender!

I love talking bass gear.

MAXIFUNK
March 25th, 2011, 01:10 PM
And another Bass player in the house I to still have my 1979 Peavey T-40!!! Welcome!

jcbass69
March 25th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Thank you!! ya know I still play the T 40 once in while, but I've always been a Fender man. When I bought my T 40 I was bassless (Disco left me cold) I couldn't
afford a Fender, but I tell you what the Peavey plays as well as any Fender that I've ever played. What type of music do you play?
jcbass

MAXIFUNK
March 25th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Thank you!! ya know I still play the T 40 once in while, but I've always been a Fender man. When I bought my T 40 I was bassless (Disco left me cold) I couldn't
afford a Fender, but I tell you what the Peavey plays as well as any Fender that I've ever played. What type of music do you play?
jcbass

I bought my Peavey as a high school kid who also could not afford the Fender Jazz I really wanted. But once I played an Ibanez SR bass I knew I found home and that is all play now and truly have gas for anymore Bass wise. Back in the 80's I had Fender Jazz, Alembic, BC rich Bich custom, Musicman, Kramer stick, and cheap Jazz copy. ONLY THE T-40 survived the years.

I am mainly a FAMILY ROOM ROCK STAR. Although last summer I did play with some guys at parks, clubs, parties and we plan to do the same thing this summer. We play a lot Funk, R&B, Soul, for the people and Rock, Jazz, and Blues for us. I would like to get both the Ibanez Prestige SR 5000E & SR 4500E but that will be some time in the future for sure. But since the MRS. Funk is in agreement once the SR Premium SR 1200E is released this summer I'll add that to go with my SR 500.
It is one heck of great looking AXE http://www.ibanez.com/BassGuitars/model-SR1200E or if the price drops on this sucker soon to be a close out since its no longer on the Ibanez web site http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-SRT900DX-Electric-Bass-Guitar?sku=H08782.

Honestly I love all kinds of music talent shines no matter the genre being played.

Spudman
March 25th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Hi and welcome JC. I'm just north of you in Pocatello. If you ever need a fill in guitarist please give me a call.

Tig
March 25th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Welcome to The Fret, jcbass69!
While I no longer own or play bass, I hope to fix that some say, as I enjoy the low end quite a bit.

bcdon
March 26th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Welcome aboard, JC! :dude

Brian Krashpad
April 4th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Welcome JC!

Here's my T-40, I also have a P-bass (MIM Fender) and a Jazz (MIJ Squier), as well as a couple more.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/580/nataliebodycloseup.jpg

Let's see some pics of some of your basses!

Tig
April 4th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Dang, that bridge is beefy, even for a bass!
'Tis a good looking bass.

Brian Krashpad
April 5th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Dang, that bridge is beefy, even for a bass!
'Tis a good looking bass.

Thanks, I'd like to see JC's. Say what you will about the Peavey USA '80's product, they built that stuff to last, down in Meridian.

FrankenFretter
April 5th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Welcome aboard, JCBass!

Katastrophe
April 5th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Welcome aboard! In the early 90s, when Garth Brooks started blowing up, he made reference to Chris Ledoux in one of his tunes... I started listening, and enjoyed Chris' music quite a bit!

Glad to have you here. Post often, brother!

marnold
April 6th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Welcome! I was in your neck of the woods this past summer, visiting family in Park City. I started out on acoustic, switched to bass in school, and switched to guitar once I got out.