PDA

View Full Version : Have you?

Spudman
March 25th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Have you?

Have you cleaned the coils and operating parts of your refrigerator in a while? You might want to check it out and see how much fuzz is covering everything. Your fridge will thank you for it.

This has been a community public service announcement.

street music
March 25th, 2011, 05:50 PM
VERY TRUE SPUD! I have done that several times and sure will reduce the time your fridge runs plus extend the life.

oldguy
March 26th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Have you?

Have you cleaned the coils and operating parts of your refrigerator in a while? You might want to check it out and see how much fuzz is covering everything. Your fridge will thank you for it.

This has been a community public service announcement.

And we know this because...................??? :)

Seriously, good advice. Same goes for the AC units for your house, both window type or central air............ clean them well, it does matter.

R_of_G
March 26th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Actually, yes. I just did this a few days ago. Refirgerator does seem to be running more efficiently.

poodlesrule
March 30th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Yes!

Cheapo Sears fridge would not keep ice cream frozen. It does now. I think the technology should be better by now.

Related, other PSA:
When shopping for an appliance, make sure the Energy Star info is not an ESTIMATE. I failed to notice that with above fridge.
Expressing my disappointment with the the Energy Star folks only got them to put blame on the EPA. {*&kers.
And the Energy Star ratings are a moving target, i.e., the consumption "brackets" get tightened every six months or so. Comparing appliances is not easy!

Bloozcat
April 4th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Nah, I just bought a new one instead...:thumbsup

All kidding aside, it is a good idea to clean the coils once in awhile. A/C units too, especially in hot climates like here.