PDA

View Full Version : Old music video of mine

deeaa
March 27th, 2011, 04:53 AM
LOL, found this old video...from 2001...I came up with the script and such, and we filmed this at a school I was working in at the time.

In this song our keyboardist plays my LP...I just sing.

mTN2dWMehAQ

deeaa
March 28th, 2011, 12:18 AM
BTW (killing time & work, boring meeting....) the video ran for 3 straight months on a Finnish TV channel 'MoonTV', after the 'better' video follows the same ripped off old VHS with the TV logo on top...and they played it like 3 times a day minimum I think.

We should have gotten a 5-figure sum in ASCAP etc. fees (actually even received preliminary calculations by mail) but again the system screwed the little guy and we got zilch because the TV channel just refused to pay...they pulled a bankrupt thing and moved to being a webTV only and the TV channel was snatched by another company...I dunno if they still pay any royalties or whatever costs to bands.

marnold
March 28th, 2011, 08:21 PM
That's pretty cool, nevertheless. I like the song too.

I notice you refer to yourself as Deeaa in the credits too. I thought/assumed that was a forum-only pseudonym. Is there something behind it?

deeaa
March 28th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Well, I've used Deeaa (or originally just D/A) for aeons already...way back in high school I was kind of a class clown and I was so full of seriously dry jokes that made people laugh mainly because they were so bad, some people started calling me 'Dry Antti'.

When I started my first real gigging band in '88 or so, I had to mark all the cables and stuff to tell them apart from the other guys' gear, and I started marking all my stuff with 'D/A' which seemed a handy sig.

It just went from there, pretty soon I had labeled everything with D/A from guitars to cables...and the last affirmation, when I was in the U.S. and told everyone my name is Antti Heikkinen, nobody could pronounce it even close; people actually thought it has no vowels in it at all and thought it was written like 'N'Tk Hk'knk' or something, but it's pronounced more like 'Unt-tee- Heyick-in-en'...

Well anyway I got frustrated with the various styles of pronouncing it and as I had every luggage etc. labeled D/A, it just turned to people calling me 'Dee' which stuck as a name to be used for English-language productions.

I went on to put up a production 'company' called Digital/Analog Productions, i.e. D/A productions, and produced a handful of CD releases under it, and then even had a band called D/A later...

So there you have it...that's why I use 'Dee' in speech in English and 'Deeaa' as my nick - it's simply how you say D/A in Finnish.

Sometimes I've used Deeaa as my pseudonym also in videos, band credits etc. but lately I usually use "Antti 'Dee' Heikkinen" or just Dee.

stingx
March 29th, 2011, 06:33 AM
I enjoyed watching the video. Liked the song as well.

Katastrophe
March 29th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Great vid and song, Dee!

marnold
March 29th, 2011, 06:45 PM
It just went from there, pretty soon I had labeled everything with D/A from guitars to cables...and the last affirmation, when I was in the U.S. and told everyone my name is Antti Heikkinen, nobody could pronounce it even close; people actually thought it has no vowels in it at all and thought it was written like 'N'Tk Hk'knk' or something, but it's pronounced more like 'Unt-tee- Heyick-in-en'...

You just need to talk to us hockey fans. We're used to names like Antii Neimi, Valtteri Filppula, and my personal favorite: Hakan Loob. I know the last one is Swedish, but still. As a Red Wings fan, it's fun to watch people try to spell Flipper's name. It's like it was intended to make an English speaker's brain explode. I probably would have come very close to pronouncing your name properly.

Thanks for the background on your pseudonym. My username here is just my first initial and last name. Nothing too interesting. In other places I'm revmra which is just "rev" with my initials. On gaming sites I'm "A.T. Hun" which is an obscure Monty Python reference.