PDA

View Full Version : asking for your opinion on treadmills

Childbride
March 27th, 2011, 10:19 AM
i killed my tready two weeks ago.... it was a horizon T91 that shiner made regular repairs to in the last year... his consumer review has a lot of expletives in it.

locked the engine up solid after 2.5 years of walking an average of 5 miles a night [i do more outside with the dog]

i am going this afternoon to look at nordic tracks.

do any of you have experience with them? could you critique that for me? i have to make a decision in the next couple of days because i medically have to walk for pain management.

your opinions are very much appreciated...

street music
March 27th, 2011, 12:00 PM
We had a Nordic Track for several years and it never was used that much , i got it for the wife after her back surgery and it just never did take the place of a walk at the lake. It was good quality and I sold it in a yard sell for $100.00 after paying $500.

piebaldpython
March 27th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Hmmmmmmmm.......I belong to a gym, so that I don't have to buy equipment for the house. Of course, my gym is 5 minutes away from home. IF you're going to buy something for home use, get something that you can't do by yourself without equipment. I love the ELLIPTICAL machine at my gym and you can't do anything like the elliptical if not at the gym.

Nordic Tracks have excellent reps.

The elliptical is probably the best piece of equipment for cardio workouts that you can buy.....plus it's better on you lower back and knee/ankle joints than running on a treadmill....plus by holding on to the "poles", you get nice upper body toning too. Since you mentioned Nordic Track, here's a link to their ellipticals:

http://www.nordictrack.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category2_-1_10301_12401_19053_Y?s_kwcid=TC|6605|nordic%20tra ck%20elliptical||S|e|2977157587&gclid=CK2-1KK776cCFYje4Aod9lz0yw

Childbride
March 27th, 2011, 03:32 PM
pie, i would love an elliptical, but i'm limited by the space i'm putting/operating the machine in. it has to fold up to be out of the way.

piebaldpython
March 27th, 2011, 04:20 PM
pie, i would love an elliptical, but i'm limited by the space i'm putting/operating the machine in. it has to fold up to be out of the way.

Dear CB......have Shiner build Maggie a big super deluxe doggie house and then you gals can hang out together while you do the elliptical.