PDA

View Full Version : Microshaft Virtual Earth

Tone2TheBone
November 15th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Beta version. Pretty cool...you can see your house in 2 dimensions, sometimes 3. It's scary cool!

http://maps.live.com

SuperSwede
November 15th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Only the USA seems to be covered. So how do I find your house T2TB? :)

Tone2TheBone
November 15th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Zoom into NM...Albuquerque...pan south on I-25...cross the river...pan south on state rd oh never mind I'll email my 10-20 to you. :)

Robert
November 15th, 2006, 11:21 AM
I installed the 3d thingy a few days ago - pretty cool but I don't know if it's any better than Google maps and Google Earth, which is very cool too.

Tone2TheBone
November 15th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Just a minute ago I saw my house in 3D photo...as if someone fly over and took a pic you can clearly see the height of my house and you can view it from all sides. Now I can't figure out how I did that. I panned all the way up to Colorado in this state and it looked awesome. I'm trying to figure out how I did it. If I can figure it out again it's cooler than Google!

Robert
November 15th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard and move the mouse while holding down the left mouse button.

Tone2TheBone
November 15th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Rob. I did that and it still shows everything in plan view not 3D. When I saw my house the first time 6 tiles came up and I could select one of the 6 tiles to zoom into and the image was in "3D" (as if you took a picture with a camera looking at your house from a helicopter). I can get it to do that anymore. Unless their database changes and is showing me only plan view images.

Tone2TheBone
November 15th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Ok I got it. You have to be in 2D mode and then click on the "birds eye view" button then the tiles come up and your view is in "3D". Cooooool. Photos are sharp as hell too. I can see my sister in law's car pulling out of our driveway.

Tone2TheBone
November 15th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Interestingly enough it only does certain parts of the US in birds eye view and my area happens to be one of them. Crazy.

Robert
November 15th, 2006, 11:48 AM
That is impressive indeed. Lotsa details. Thanks Tone!