PDA

View Full Version : Cruel april fools day joke........not

piebaldpython
March 30th, 2011, 03:30 PM
This is about 60-80 miles NNW of me. Good grief...no joke either. It just ain't supposed to happen this late. Sheesh:

...HEAVY SNOW IS LIKELY TO OCCUR THURSDAY NIGHT AND INTO FRIDAY... .LOW PRESSURE IN THE FORM OF A SPRING NOREASTER MOVING UP ALONG THE COAST THURSDAY EVENING WILL MOVE NORTHEASTWARD THROUGH OUR COASTAL WATERS LATE THURSDAY NIGHT AND THROUGH THE NEW YORK AND NEW ENGLAND COASTAL WATERS FRIDAY. ...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING.

* LOCATIONS...THE SOUTHERN POCONOS...THE LEHIGH VALLEY...AND NORTHWESTERN NEW JERSEY.

* HAZARD TYPES...RAIN WILL MIX WITH AND CHANGE TO SNOW THURSDAY NIGHT AND CONTINUE FRIDAY MORNING.

* ACCUMULATIONS...5 TO 10 INCHES OF SNOW.

Spudman
March 30th, 2011, 04:23 PM
We're still getting that. The joke is TOTALLY lost on me. It's lost on the few flowers that have bloomed too. It's either been snow, or snow with high winds, or high winds, or just gray and gloom. I feel like I'm living in Seattle or something.

Enjoy your storm pie.

FrankenFretter
March 30th, 2011, 04:25 PM
That sucks, man. Hope you dodge the bullet on that one.

In Oregon, we have had a ton of rain, and barely got any snow this winter. You expect lots of rain in the NW, but this has been ridiculous. I am so ready for the summer to start!

marnold
March 31st, 2011, 01:50 PM
A week ago yesterday we got just over 15". Rather unusual, although not unheard of.

stingx
March 31st, 2011, 05:10 PM
Ima gambling man and I say NY metro area gets nothing but rain. I'd be surprised if I see even a dusting.

Tig
March 31st, 2011, 05:59 PM
As the resident Southern Smartazz,
I'm obligated to mention the weather in Texas will be in the 60's to the low 80's all week.
:bootyshake
:poke

R_of_G
April 1st, 2011, 05:52 AM
What's snow?

Today's Tampa weather Low 59F/High 78F

duhvoodooman
April 1st, 2011, 08:03 AM
What's snow?That would be this (two photos, taken this morning out my front & back doors, respectively):

http://www.duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/4-1-11_front.jpg

http://www.duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/4-1-11_back.jpg

Looks like upstate NY will be spared any significant impact. They've downgraded the original 8" - 12" forecast to a couple of inches, changing over to rain. Who says Mother Nature lacks a sense of humor?

R_of_G
April 1st, 2011, 08:39 AM
I actually miss snow (grew up in NY/NJ) and prefer it to the heat and humidity of Florida.

ZMAN
April 1st, 2011, 08:42 AM
You probably won't believe me but we are getting in the mid 40s today, and Sunny and 54 tomoorrow. By Tuesday it is supposed to be 63. Up here in the Great White North. I can hear the grass growing!
Sorry to hear about the north east US getting whacked, especialy when I am heading there next Friday!

stingx
April 1st, 2011, 01:30 PM
Got nothing but rain here! Sweet!

duhvoodooman
April 1st, 2011, 01:36 PM
Raining here, too, now and the small amount of snow has already melted. Not so bad....

deeaa
April 1st, 2011, 02:35 PM
Just about to get warmer here right now. I still have over 5 feet of snow over the fence and it's REAL hard to get the car off the yard in the mornings due to packed ice and VERY slippery ground...BUT in some places I can already see asphalt where the sun shines directly...they promise rain and plus temp weather for the weekend so I'm expecting the snow to really start melting soon. However, I do expect also that there will be some snow left till the beginning of June, it sometimes happens, and really, as of now the snowbanks are still way higher than my height, so I do suspect it will be the case this year again.

deeaa
April 1st, 2011, 02:46 PM
BTW here's a vid I made on my new handycam 4 my friends in the U.S. if you wanna check out how it looks here:

LLZYG5aziWw

Eric
April 3rd, 2011, 02:08 PM
Cool stuff. Even though your snow is in the process of melting, it's still probably significantly more than we ever see out here.