PDA

View Full Version : Rondo Brown LP style Guitar case.

ZMAN
April 2nd, 2011, 08:50 AM
I recently picked up an Epi LP Custom. I am looking for one of those brown/pink interior style cases for it. I saw the Rondo case with the shroud for a decent price.
I was wondering if anyone has had experince with this case. I know it is specifically for the Agiles but I am pretty sure the Epi LP would fit.
I would have it shipped to my daughter's plcae in Maine. Any idea of shipping costs?
Thanks for any help.
If there is a thread on this case I would appreciate a link.

duhvoodooman
April 2nd, 2011, 10:20 AM
http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php/14727-Another-Agile-on-Order....?p=167858&viewfull=1#post167858

FrankenFretter
April 2nd, 2011, 11:16 AM
I just got one of those with my AL-2000, and they're quite nice. I have an Epi LP that I can stick in there to see if it fits, but I'm almost sure it will, Z.

ZMAN
April 2nd, 2011, 01:03 PM
I just got one of those with my AL-2000, and they're quite nice. I have an Epi LP that I can stick in there to see if it fits, but I'm almost sure it will, Z.

I would appreciate that. I like it to fit snug. I am not sure what the upper bout width on the Epi is.
Also do they have one neck support or two. I have seen pictures of the rondo case with two neck supports and the one DVM has with one. I checked my Gibsons and most have two. The Epi and the standard Yorkville cases have one. NOt a big deal I guess. It is only for strorage.

ZMAN
April 2nd, 2011, 01:04 PM
http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php/14727-Another-Agile-on-Order....?p=167858&viewfull=1#post167858

Thanks i heard someone mention a thread on the case but my search turned up nothing on Rondo Cases.

FrankenFretter
April 2nd, 2011, 05:35 PM
Hey Z, the Epi fits, but not as snugly as it does in it's Epi case. It does only have one neck support, in case you were still wondering.

ZMAN
April 2nd, 2011, 06:07 PM
Hey Z, the Epi fits, but not as snugly as it does in it's Epi case. It does only have one neck support, in case you were still wondering.

Yes that was what I was afraid of. The Agile is probably slightly larger than the Epi/Gibbies. I will have to keep my eye out for a used Gibson case, if I want the brown.pink combo. Not in a big hurry.
Hey thanks for trying it out. It helps a ton.

FrankenFretter
April 2nd, 2011, 08:38 PM
Yes that was what I was afraid of. The Agile is probably slightly larger than the Epi/Gibbies. I will have to keep my eye out for a used Gibson case, if I want the brown.pink combo. Not in a big hurry.
Hey thanks for trying it out. It helps a ton.

A Gibson case won't fit an Epi, if I remember correctly. I believe that a Gibson will fit in an Epi case, but not vice versa. I bought an Epi case from Sweetwater last year for less than I would have paid for a Rondo case with shipping (shipping was free from Sweetwater).

Try here (http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-EPI-LP-CASE-LIST). Sweetwater is out of the LP cases, but American Musical Supply has some for the same price and the same free shipping, but unfortunately the free shipping does not apply to Canadian customers.

ZMAN
April 3rd, 2011, 06:21 AM
A Gibson case won't fit an Epi, if I remember correctly. I believe that a Gibson will fit in an Epi case, but not vice versa. I bought an Epi case from Sweetwater last year for less than I would have paid for a Rondo case with shipping (shipping was free from Sweetwater).

Try here (http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-EPI-LP-CASE-LIST). Sweetwater is out of the LP cases, but American Musical Supply has some for the same price and the same free shipping, but unfortunately the free shipping does not apply to Canadian customers.
I have Gibson, Epi, and Yorkville Les Paul cases. The company that makes the Canadian made cases, and they all fit an LP whether it is Gibson or Epiphone. I am pretty sure the Douglas/Agile is a little larger. Also I have seen pictures of the Brown Rondo case with the two neck supports, and with the one. Apparently it depends on what comes in on the shipment
I looked at the thread and there was not a lot of detail on the case mostly DVMs pickup choice.
I am going for the look and as long as the guitar wont "flop" around I think it will be good. Rondo are based in NH and I am going to have it shipped to Maine so I hope UPS won't have it long enough to trash it. It will run around 76 dollars with shipping.
How are the hinges and clasps, are they decent? One other thing I seem to remember you mentioning that you didn't get the brown case, what case did you actually get?
I can get a Gibson in Black with the white interior, with the combo lock on it for 180, but I really like the brown Pink. I have one for my LP Standard and one for my ES335. I really only take my guitars out to get a set up done so I just need storage. Thanks for the help.

FrankenFretter
April 3rd, 2011, 07:12 AM
I did get the brown case. Here's a couple pics-

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_NPlyZiLy0Pw/TY45mX9Y5BI/AAAAAAAAAy0/c02ImIcXv0Q/s400/100_2198.JPG
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_NPlyZiLy0Pw/TY45ZHkD9uI/AAAAAAAAAyo/8dzfc7vG7-0/s400/100_2199.JPG

The hinges and clasps seem on par with my Epi cases. The interior does have that wedge to lift the body up so as not to put too much pressure on the neck.

ZMAN
April 11th, 2011, 06:01 PM
I ended up ordering one of the Rondo cases. Boy they are fast. I put the order in today and it is supposed to be here tomorrow.
I am in Maine and they are in NH so I guess we are pretty close.
We shall see how it looks. I don't have an Lp but it if arrives in one piece, it will keep it.

FrankenFretter
April 11th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Nice. I think you'll be happy with it. I have a deal in the works for another Agile with that same case. Did you get the brown or the black?

Edit: Nevermind. You were looking at the brown. Duh.

ZMAN
April 12th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Man they are quick. I ordered it yesterday at 1 pm and it arrived today at 2 pm. Wow. It really looks good for 60 bucks.
I did not expect it to be as nice. I am in Maine now for another month so I won't get a chance to try my Epi in it. I am really impressed with how nice this case looks. Even the handle is similar to the Gibson style. I can't complain for 60 bucksplus 16 for shipping. The box was unmarked and the contents perfect. My wife was even impressed with the case.
Thanks for all the help guys. I think I am going to like this one for sure.

ZMAN
May 6th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Well I am home now and I would like to let everyone know that the Epi Les Pauls do not fit properly in the Rondo case.
The case is really nice, but has an objectionable smell of tar or something like that. I aired it out for a couple of days.
The case is just too long for the Epi. IF you push it up to where the upper bought and lower bout fit against the sides of the guitar there is about 1 inch between the bottom of the guitar and the foam padding on the bottom of the case.
When you close the case , the guitar simply slips down. The overal look and workmanship seem to be good, and it will serve the purpose intended for it. If I was going to travel though I would definitely put some foam or other material beetween the bottom of the guitar and the bottom of the case. The ordinary Les paul cases by TKL or Yorkville (Canada) are a much better fit.
But for 76 dollars you can't beat the case at all. The look is really nice, and I like the shroud. I guess the Agiles a quite a bit larger than the Gibson.

Eric
May 6th, 2011, 07:36 AM
That's good to know. I was thinking the same thing about putting some padding at the bottom. Maybe some sort of carpet-y thing that wouldn't compress too much. I have this material in my mind, but I can't describe it very accurately.

Anyway...

ZMAN
May 6th, 2011, 12:09 PM
My wife does quilting and other sewing and I might get her to make a covered piece of felt or foam that I can velcro to the inside of the case. I would try to match the velour. It will probably be an easy fix.